weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

Like Michael said. Clouds and tone great

Nice shot Dave, I had some great dull clouds all morning while I was out with my little one sans camera, and now it is sunny!

Nice shapes and textures in that sky!

As I had a free day to my self today I knew just what shot I`d take for the snappers choice theme, Jazz and the reason why I totally love the saxophone is Baker Street as to me that was the best ever saxophone solo I have ever heard. X-T3 + XF50mm f2 today at the Jazz gig in The Better Half.

Al Nicholls by Dave, on Flickr

Play the sax Al by Dave, on Flickr

Al by Dave, on Flickr

Nice snappers choices - I like a bit of Sax but prefer Alto as that's what my daughter plays (although she has Tenor and Soprano to double on.)

While I’m on for a brief moment the first one for me with the bass player in the BG I do like that one Dave

Great shots there Dave, suits the treatment.

Hi Dave,

Dull - To my eyes it needs definite black and white points, which would make it more punchy, but I guess I'm missing the point...
Free Week - Defo #1 for me, that totally rocks (or is that totally jazzes ;) ) The additional person, the strong blacks and whites, yes yes yes.

Great shots there Dave, suits the treatment.
Hi Dave,

Dull - To my eyes it needs definite black and white points, which would make it more punchy, but I guess I'm missing the point...
Free Week - Defo #1 for me, that totally rocks (or is that totally jazzes ;) ) The additional person, the strong blacks and whites, yes yes yes.
You really surprise me there, Dave with your choice of subject for this week. :) :LOL:

Joking apart, I love #2 for its unclutter (is that a word?) cleaner background and the mono conversion suits the subject and scene.

Thank you guys for the comments, free week had to be a jazz shot :D

Dull is a nice image, a nice dappled sky.

Snappers choice - all 3 are very good but I think you've chosen the right one to be the main image, really works well, and looks great in mono.

I definitely like the first one (sax and bass), nice shot

Shoehorn for sure, but lovely shot nonetheless.

I'm not sure it's a shoehorn personally, lovely image. really well balanced exposure.

Hi Dave,
A bit of a catch up from me!
Empty - Both nice shots and fit the theme well. The interior shot is more pleasing of the two.
Buildings - Three good shots. I'm going to plump for the first one as I prefer the subtle colour pop.
Soft - Two nice shots. As for fitting the theme? I'm not so sure...
Old - Nice shots there too. I agree re the sepia treatment. The gravestone works great in mono and the door works well in colour.
Flower - All three are good shots. The first one for me really pops though. Nice one.
Dull - Perfect fit for the theme not much more to say!
Snappers choice - Three excellent shots here. My favourite is the first one with the bass player in as it tells more of a story for me.
Near - That works on two levels as Stan said above. Great image.

Nice singers shot. For me a shoehorn is only when you didn’t take the shot with the theme in mind. For me the whole idea of this challenge is to take a photo specifically for the theme - the same week and post it that same week. Note I said “for me” :)

Hi Dave

Snappers Choice, I like the rendition of the first image better, more contrast and tones are great, but the chap playing the Double Bass interferes a bit with the main man.
I like the detail in the chaps face on the image you selected.
I agree that the Sax is a great instrument.

Near, another great Image Dave, works to the theme for me.

Pete

Back