weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

The weather has taken a turn for the worse, and as I don`t fancy getting soaked through in the rain I give you Far away in the distance are wind turbines past the West Pier ruins. One old shot from last year with the X-T20 + XF35mm f2.

West Pier Ruins by Dave, on Flickr

West Pier Ruins by Dave, on Flickr

Great Sky in the 2nd one Dave, good for the theme as well.
It's so dull and dismal here I don't blame you saying inside (on Health grounds) and using an old image.

Pete

Great Sky in the 2nd one Dave, good for the theme as well.
It's so dull and dismal here I don't blame you saying inside (on Health grounds) and using an old image.

Pete

Thank you Pete, I have been trying my Affinity Photo for sky re placement but came across Luminar 4 that I`m now having a 2 week trial of. At the moment I really like it so might buy it after I finish the trial.

Yep - it's all about the sky in No2 - nice one!

Great shots Dave, liking the sky replacement. :)

Great shots Dave, liking the sky replacement. :)

Thanks Rick, it is Luminar 4 that I`m having a trial on. The jet in the Fuji thread is the best of the bunch as the sky was just yucky grey so I was surprised it turned it blue with fluffy white clouds.

Last edited:
Thanks Rick, it is Luminar 4 that I`m having a trial on. The jet in the Fuji thread is the best of the bunch as the sky was just yucky grey so I was surprised it turned it blue with fluffy white clouds.
I looked at the software following your post which mentioned it, it is a bit pricey for me, especially as I have just smashed the screen on my MacBook Pro today, it is looking like nearly £2K to replace it :(

Great images there Dave!:clap:

I wouldn't have guessed that the sky in #2 was replaced...it's seamless, very nice work indeed.
It's a dramatic sky for sure and really lifts an already great image!

Thank you Gareth, the image I tried to use two different sky replacements in Luminar 4 as it has about 10 of them.

Nice shots Dave, I think I prefer the sky in the second one as it's more moody and atmospheric.

Love all of these Dave!(y)
I do enjoy a nice bass shot, and yours is excellent...like the mono processing too.
I think I will go with the crowd and say that my pick is #1 too.
I agree the expression you've captured is great and it conveys a real sense of concentration.
Nice work as always Dave!:clap:

Not like you to do a jazz shot!!:p

Love all of these Dave!(y)
I do enjoy a nice bass shot, and yours is excellent...like the mono processing too.
I think I will go with the crowd and say that my pick is #1 too.
I agree the expression you've captured is great and it conveys a real sense of concentration.
Nice work as always Dave!:clap:

Not like you to do a jazz shot!!:p

Thank you Gareth.
Next weeks theme is people so jazz rocks :p

Love the first shot Dave although he does look a tad serious!
How are you keeping? Are you feeling a bit better ?

I'm surprised that you are the first submission this week! :)

Love his expression whether his was thinking he likes to be somewhere else or in deep concentration trying to remember the right note in the right order.

Thank you Stan, when I saw what the theme was I knew it would be a jazz shot. So it was a taxi to the pub, then a taxi back so door to door really.

Gotta be mono bass for me - love that light peeping through the curtains :)

Number 1 for me too, though they are all very good.

Dave

I slightly prefer the First shot as well, I think he needs a pint or 2 to lighten up.
I remember seeing a band playing in Shrewsbury with a double base, the player was a short chap and he used to balance it on its side and spike and stood on it and played it. A very good night.

Pete

I think it's the first for me as well, nicely composed and great concentration going on

Dave

I slightly prefer the First shot as well, I think he needs a pint or 2 to lighten up.
I remember seeing a band playing in Shrewsbury with a double base, the player was a short chap and he used to balance it on its side and spike and stood on it and played it. A very good night.

Pete
I think it's the first for me as well, nicely composed and great concentration going on

Thank you both.

The lighter shot for me Dave. For me, for the darker shot to work you really need a rim light to outline him as you've lost him into the background. Of course, that's just me and I know you don't have an option to set up the lighting during a gig.

The lighter shot for me Dave. For me, for the darker shot to work you really need a rim light to outline him as you've lost him into the background. Of course, that's just me and I know you don't have an option to set up the lighting during a gig.

Thanks Tim, it is a shame I can`t use a flash of some sort but it`s a big no no.

Lovely shots Dave, first for me too. I also love your colour versions, and would like to see that in colour if you have it.

Back