weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

Hi Dave,

Above - I might have tried lifting the shadows a little to help with detail under the platform (I assume that's what it is).
Hot - (At least I assume it's hot as you've not labelled it in your thread). Not really feeling the love for this one. The forum has made a mess of the sharpness (it's better on flickr) and it's a heavy crop in with no stand out focal point. This isn't the usual D70D style.
Light - Back to the Dave we know and love :) Only thoughts on this would be to letterbox the crop to lose the heads? Dunno if it would work, but worth a try maybe (or maybe you've tried that kind of thing and find this more pleasing?)
Crowd - Brave of you, Coppers often don't like having their photos taken while on duty. Mind you, they aren't beating anyone up so probably happier ;) (I'm joking - it's not the 70's/80's anymore).
The use of their colourful jackets woks to bring the shot to life.
Decay - Nicely fortunate placement of the graffiti there :) You seem to be becoming the de-facto Brighton music scene tog :)
Free - Nicely done. I'm really surprised so much is in sharp focus at f/2 close up. Well played.

Thanks Tim, I thought I`d not crop light as loved the look on the blokes face in the crowd.
People are so chuffed about my first photoshoot that another vocalist has asked if I`d take her`s too.
Free, the XF90mm f2 just screams to be used at f2 as it is so sharp wide open.

Good clear shot of the beer but as it was a free week I thought we would see more of your photoshoot

Good clear shot of the beer but as it was a free week I thought we would see more of your photoshoot

Thank you Allan, I did think about putting a shot of Roxi in and thought because I`m so busy till this Friday I`d put in a close up of lager and to get the technique done.

Very nicely done Dave. That's a lovely image. Vibrant, crisp details and makes me want to get down the pub!

Brilliant image Dave....could be a promo image!(y)
I love the reflections and the colours....'probably' the best beverage image I've seen for a while!:giggle:

Hehe....see what I did there?... yep.... coat... I know!:coat:
Very nicely done Dave. That's a lovely image. Vibrant, crisp details and makes me want to get down the pub!

Thank you both.

Hi Dave,

Nice shot of some beer (Carlsberg is right at the bottom of my list). good reflection and colour.

Pete

Sh*t! Hope all ok mate. That works for theme and maybe helped settle you in the morning.

Try and stay sober next week eh ;)

That doesn’t sound good Dave, hope you’re okay.

Your Whole works fine for the theme, nice sharp black background too.
Yep, right on theme Dave. Get well soon !
Sh*t! Hope all ok mate. That works for theme and maybe helped settle you in the morning.

Try and stay sober next week eh ;)

Thanks folks for the comments. Was drinking shandy as I do when at the music hall, but some different folk came down on Saturday and were warned so think it was one of them.

Does what it sasy on the tin carton :)

Bad news about the spiking!

Decay. That’s great Dave. Would be chuffed to nail a shot like that myself. Great detail, colours and framing. I tend to do a lot of mono shots to hide mixed up colours, though with yours the subject and background work great together so perfect to stay in colour. (y)

Whole. Is that the whole story? :oops: :$
On theme, up to date, good to complete the whole series so far?
I’d have tried a mono version, though that’s just me (y)

Does what it sasy on the tin carton :)

Bad news about the spiking!
Decay. That’s great Dave. Would be chuffed to nail a shot like that myself. Great detail, colours and framing. I tend to do a lot of mono shots to hide mixed up colours, though with yours the subject and background work great together so perfect to stay in colour. (y)
Great shot Dave, works perfectly for the theme!(y)
Sorry to hear about the spiking incident, hope you're ok....the mind boggles at what lows some people stoop too!
Whole. Is that the whole story? :oops: :$
On theme, up to date, good to complete the whole series so far?
I’d have tried a mono version, though that’s just me (y)

Thank you folks for the comments. Of the spiking I also find sad that not one of the vocalists asked How I was, so have now decided to stop going there and get on with my indoor Jazz shots.

Like your shot for Whole Dave. Perfect for the theme.

Sorry to hear that you got spiked - Not good and I hope you are okay following it.
On theme Dave, not your best I feel.

Thank you both, just wanted to get a shot in as felt bloody horrible all week.

Nice pooch pic!

Sorry to hear about your problem with the spiking. Whole is a nice image and nicely on theme. Fragile is a cracker, lovely sharpness and conrast.

Super sharp short of the eye :)

Back