weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

Love the rough sleeping image. I thought about this myself but wasn't brave enough to take an image

So the lovely Boss man Cobra picked a very nice theme, so went out today to test out the X-T3 and XF 35mm f2 on it and am happy it works like a dream. So for the Object theme I picked the knocker on the big gates in the pavilion gardens.

The Knocker by Dave, on Flickr

Plus a beautiful object in the Harley

Harley Davidson by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice pier leg shot for Rough!

Object - both nice - but I'll go for the knocker (Oooh err missus)

Knocker all the way, love the door colour which goes well with the verdigris on the bronze knocker a good find Dave

Both good shots. Harley for me, the object of many's desire!

Thank you Bob.

love the shot and square crop of the knocker. really nice image. the harley is also nice, but the window behind is too distracting. i would print the knocker shot if it were mine.

Thank you Gremlin.

Knocker all the way, love the door colour which goes well with the verdigris on the bronze knocker a good find Dave

Thank you Allan.

Rough - I like both Dave, and as you say, whilst he's most likely not one of Brighton's homeless, more someone having a kip, it's still sleeping rough as those benches aren't really comfortable.
I'm going to going with #1 because 'street'.

Object - You're slacking Dave, you weren't the first to post for this theme ;)
Presumably the object is made out of a copper based substance, as the corrosion has that tell-tale blue hue. That in turn colour matches well with the background.

This was with your (£75) new XT-3 wasn't it? It's horribly OOF, the colour cast is terrible, I think you'd best give it to me instead :coat:

Object, it has to be the door knocker for me (much as I love a nice motorbike!). It's an interesting peice and really well captured, I like the detail in the verdigris and you've exosed it perfectly.

Rough - I like both Dave, and as you say, whilst he's most likely not one of Brighton's homeless, more someone having a kip, it's still sleeping rough as those benches aren't really comfortable.
I'm going to going with #1 because 'street'.

Object - You're slacking Dave, you weren't the first to post for this theme ;)
Presumably the object is made out of a copper based substance, as the corrosion has that tell-tale blue hue. That in turn colour matches well with the background.

This was with your (£75) new XT-3 wasn't it? It's horribly OOF, the colour cast is terrible, I think you'd best give it to me instead :coat:

Thank you Tim for the comments and for looking. Yes it was the horrible new X-T3 that now has the 90mm on it.

Both great subjects and images. The knocker really does it for me though because of the simple composition, perfect focus and lovely colours. The Harley is just a thing of beauty and desire...

Knockers for me Dave! Never have liked Harleys All show and no go! Good Shot though, the scene in the window works well with the hog.

I really like both 'object' images Dave.
Continuing with the mildly smutty comments....ooo I do love a good knocker!!!:LOL:
It's so detailed....that old banger (X-T3) must be working well for you!!;)
Again with the Harley, so much detail, though I think I prefer the knocker....nudge, nudge!!:giggle:
Great work Dave, as always!(y)

I really like both 'object' images Dave.
Continuing with the mildly smutty comments....ooo I do love a good knocker!!!:LOL:
It's so detailed....that old banger (X-T3) must be working well for you!!;)
Again with the Harley, so much detail, though I think I prefer the knocker....nudge, nudge!!:giggle:
Great work Dave, as always!(y)

Thank you Gareth for looking and the comment, I do love a good knocker too :D

Really like the knocker, lots of detail well captured.The ways its oxidising its starting to match the colour of the door! Although that could be reflection, either way, like it! Harley is nice, the background is a little distracting for me though.

Really like the knocker, lots of detail well captured.The ways its oxidising its starting to match the colour of the door! Although that could be reflection, either way, like it! Harley is nice, the background is a little distracting for me though.

Thank you Dom for looking and for the comment.

Two good subjects for your images, Dave, but the knocker is my choice. The Harley is eye-catching with all the shiny chrome but the background is a bit distracting (not that you could do much about that) whereas the knocker is equally eye-catching with the details and texture of the metal, and the colours are complemented beautifully by the background. The square crop is perfect for the subject, too.

Hi Dave both work well for the theme but the knocker is my pick love the square crop and tones, great textures too.

Knock Knock
Who's There
Dave with an image of a knocker :)

Nicely done mate - good image with lots of detail and interest to it

Two good subjects for your images, Dave, but the knocker is my choice. The Harley is eye-catching with all the shiny chrome but the background is a bit distracting (not that you could do much about that) whereas the knocker is equally eye-catching with the details and texture of the metal, and the colours are complemented beautifully by the background. The square crop is perfect for the subject, too.
Object
You can't beat a good knocker. Nice tones and I like the bronze and greens.
Nice shots for Object. I prefer the door knocker. I like the patina, colours and textures.
Plenty of detail, texture and sharp.
Hi Dave both work well for the theme but the knocker is my pick love the square crop and tones, great textures too.
Knock Knock
Who's There
Dave with an image of a knocker :)

Nicely done mate - good image with lots of detail and interest to it

Thank you all for the comments and for looking.

Looks like the sort of day we've had here - nicely shot.

Hi Dave, the colour of the door complements that door knocker so well, well done for spotting that one and for choosing that square crop, it shows it off perfectly.
I looked at the rain running down the windows today and almost got my camera out ...very topical and spot on for the theme.

Hi Dave, the colour of the door complements that door knocker so well, well done for spotting that one and for choosing that square crop, it shows it off perfectly.
I looked at the rain running down the windows today and almost got my camera out ...very topical and spot on for the theme.

Thank you Susie for the comments and for looking.

Back