weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

Cold-The colour version for me, the plant stands out much better, and adds some contrast.
Distant-The first one for me, I like the refection, though they both work well for the theme, the second one perhaps more so, as it looks like he is waiting for her to finish whatever it is she is doing on the phone. Nice mono conversions.

Cold-The colour version for me, the plant stands out much better, and adds some contrast.
Distant-The first one for me, I like the refection, though they both work well for the theme, the second one perhaps more so, as it looks like he is waiting for her to finish whatever it is she is doing on the phone. Nice mono conversions.

Thank you Jon for the comments and for looking.

Waiting: Really like these but the first is the one for me. I think it's because you get the context with the wider angle and being able to see more of the bus shelter - they both definitely benefit fron being monchrome.

Waiting: Really like these but the first is the one for me. I think it's because you get the context with the wider angle and being able to see more of the bus shelter - they both definitely benefit fron being monchrome.

Thank you Jim for the comment and for looking.

2 great pictures there Dave, black and white works very well for them, #1 gets my choice, that reflection is a great and certainly adds something to it.

Thank you Michael for the comment and for looking.

First one for me Dave, I like the reflection in the glass :)

Thanks Carl for the comment and for looking.

Cold, like this but I must admit I prefer the mono version, for me the mint gets lost in the mono.
Waiting. Wow your street stuff is getting better all the time to me, really like this shot and admire your courage in just shooting people.(with a camera)!

Cold, like this but I must admit I prefer the mono version, for me the mint gets lost in the mono.
Waiting. Wow your street stuff is getting better all the time to me, really like this shot and admire your courage in just shooting people.(with a camera)!

Thank you very much for the kind words Roger, using the X100F for people shots is something I really like now, as I can be so blatant they don`t know.

So for my shots for the theme rough I needed the blue sky as I knew just the shot to take, the original rough pillars from the old Victorian West pier ruins that are now embedded in to the ground near the I360. Then walking back I took the other shot as he is a rough sleeper, which I think is better for the theme.

Rough Sleeper by Dave, on Flickr

Rusty by Dave, on Flickr

I like the sleeping rough shot (an idea which crossed my mind but they tend to be only around at night and in the least salubrious areas of town). The blue graffiti on the wall is quite poignant. Very well-spotted.

I like the sleeping rough shot (an idea which crossed my mind but they tend to be only around at night and in the least salubrious areas of town). The blue graffiti on the wall is quite poignant. Very well-spotted.

Thank you Bob for the comment and for looking, thought I`d leave the graffiti bit in.

Really like them both (I was also thinking of rough sleepers but they've moved them all on in my local town). Great colours on image #2

I prefer the Rough Sleeper for the theme but not sure about the new, bright colour sleeping bag. Plus the sunglasses he is wearing and the newish suitcase with an airline tab still attached. All these don't quite point to a down and out rough sleeper to me.

Thank you Stan, I thought the same as you when I saw the new stuff but thought stick it in for the theme.

Two colourful images and both on theme, Dave. The first one feels a little intrusive to me (and as mentioned above some of the belongings look a bit 'new' for a real rough sleeper) but I do like the colours and textures in the second image. Rust always has such great tones and rough surfaces and this contrasts so well with the lovely blue sky, so #2 is my pick (y)

Hi Dave I'm trying to get round to commenting on people images now I've caught up with my images

New - Great capture love the singers expression. I really want to use film on my 52 but I cannot process at home (yet) so I'd be even later then normal posting!

Clean - Great details in the bristles the DoF works perfectly

Open - Great take on the theme thinking outside of the box I really like it

Distant - Liking that not much you could do about the sky to be fair.

Cold - I prefer the colour image as others have said it looks/feels colder.

Waiting - Liking both of those the B&W conversions work really well as they removing any distracting colours.

Rough - 2 Great images for the theme I think I just prefer No 2 there's some lovely texture and detail in there and the contrast of the rusty orange against the blue really catches your eye.

Two colourful images and both on theme, Dave. The first one feels a little intrusive to me (and as mentioned above some of the belongings look a bit 'new' for a real rough sleeper) but I do like the colours and textures in the second image. Rust always has such great tones and rough surfaces and this contrasts so well with the lovely blue sky, so #2 is my pick (y)

Thank you Andrea, I now think the bloke was just having a sleep.

Hi Dave I'm trying to get round to commenting on people images now I've caught up with my images

New - Great capture love the singers expression. I really want to use film on my 52 but I cannot process at home (yet) so I'd be even later then normal posting!

Clean - Great details in the bristles the DoF works perfectly

Open - Great take on the theme thinking outside of the box I really like it

Distant - Liking that not much you could do about the sky to be fair.

Cold - I prefer the colour image as others have said it looks/feels colder.

Waiting - Liking both of those the B&W conversions work really well as they removing any distracting colours.

Rough - 2 Great images for the theme I think I just prefer No 2 there's some lovely texture and detail in there and the contrast of the rusty orange against the blue really catches your eye.

Thank you Mark for the comments and for looking.

Great work Dave!

I like the first image, it has a poignancy to it....perhaps somewhat lessened after deliberating that maybe he is just having a bit of a sleep!!:giggle:
It's still a great image, and fits the theme, whatever the circumstances which led him to be there....he is definitely sleeping 'rough'!
The second image is great, those rust textures and colours are really interesting against the blue of the sky.
I think I like this image the best, the simplicity and colours/textures have won me over!
Marvellous!(y)

I think the second one for me not sure about taking pics of the homeless although we now think he might not be, the pillar works well with the blue sky BG

Great work Dave!

I like the first image, it has a poignancy to it....perhaps somewhat lessened after deliberating that maybe he is just having a bit of a sleep!!:giggle:
It's still a great image, and fits the theme, whatever the circumstances which led him to be there....he is definitely sleeping 'rough'!
The second image is great, those rust textures and colours are really interesting against the blue of the sky.
I think I like this image the best, the simplicity and colours/textures have won me over!
Marvellous!(y)

Thank you Gareth for the nice comments and for looking.

I think the second one for me not sure about taking pics of the homeless although we now think he might not be, the pillar works well with the blue sky BG

Thank you Allan, I only took the shot of the bloke because I knew he was NOT a rough sleeper as here in Brighton they are very scruffy looking and I know some of them too. If I was to take a photo of a rough sleeper I`d ask first then give them some money.

Reactions: LC2
Two good images for rough. As has been said before, the sleeper doesn't quite sit right with me. The old pier column is really good though. The colours and textures really pop against that lovely blue sky.

Both images fit the theme, my personal favourite is the rusty pillar. The orange looks so good against the very blue sky.

Liked the first one until I spotted the suitcase! Very posh rough sleepers in your part of the world. Really like the rusted pier but for me the sky is too blue! Or maybe up here in Scotland we don't have skies that colour!!

Two very good images Dave. I'm going to town later to take a similar shot to your rough sleeper 9that is if they are still there. Will be totally different to yours as had idea days ago but not got around to going to town. Really like the inclusion of the graffiti. Thats another photo I need to get today for our family 52. Your rust image is very punchy and details the roughness well.

Liked the first one until I spotted the suitcase! Very posh rough sleepers in your part of the world. Really like the rusted pier but for me the sky is too blue! Or maybe up here in Scotland we don't have skies that colour!!

Thank you Joan for the comment and for looking, funny thing now is I actually hate the sleeper shot now.

Two very good images Dave. I'm going to town later to take a similar shot to your rough sleeper 9that is if they are still there. Will be totally different to yours as had idea days ago but not got around to going to town. Really like the inclusion of the graffiti. Thats another photo I need to get today for our family 52. Your rust image is very punchy and details the roughness well.

Thank you Mandy for the comment and for looking.

I like both shots Dave, to be honest, I didn't put too much thought to the belongings, it was only when people mentioned it I really started to look. I do prefer the second shot, the rough texture is bang on!

I like both shots Dave, to be honest, I didn't put too much thought to the belongings, it was only when people mentioned it I really started to look. I do prefer the second shot, the rough texture is bang on!

Thank you Daniel for the comment and for looking.

Back