DAVES All New Fuji PHOTOS

Lovely captures of the birds David, I have finally put in new feeders since Christmas to tempt birds other than pigeons into my garden, and it finally seems to be doing the trick, they are nippy little buggers and you have done great in getting them in so well, certainly not easy if they behave like the birds around here :clap:

Lovely captures of the birds David, I have finally put in new feeders since Christmas to tempt birds other than pigeons into my garden, and it finally seems to be doing the trick, they are nippy little buggers and you have done great in getting them in so well, certainly not easy if they behave like the birds around here :clap:

Thanks Dean, of all the birds here the only two that are so very hard to get a photo of, are the Wren and Goldcrest. Those two do not stay still for long at all :(

Thanks Dean, of all the birds here the only two that are so very hard to get a photo of, are the Wren and Goldcrest. Those two do not stay still for long at all :(
Ahhhh sounds lucky with the bluetits though, we have large hedges, and the birds hide in that, shoot out to the feeder then shoot back, little fcukers :D - I hope they get used to it being there and become a bit easier on us

Ahhhh sounds lucky with the bluetits though, we have large hedges, and the birds hide in that, shoot out to the feeder then shoot back, little fcukers :D - I hope they get used to it being there and become a bit easier on us

Agree they can be fast little sods most of the time. A member on an old forum I use to use once told me, don`t chase them, just watch them for a while as they will have a favourite place to perch, that is now what I do :)

Agree they can be fast little sods most of the time. A member on an old forum I use to use once told me, don`t chase them, just watch them for a while as they will have a favourite place to perch, that is now what I do :)
Ahhhhhh that's where I am going wrong then :)

600mm... wow no wonder my 70-200 looks a tad short and I have to crop [emoji38]
Ikr.... I'm going to hook up my 7d to the x2 and 100-400 and see what u can get.... but key is patience Dave said.... so I'll be patient...

Though I am concerned where my cameras are focusing as I hear about back focusing and wondering if this is my issue sometimes? Why they aren't quite in focus?

600mm... wow no wonder my 70-200 looks a tad short and I have to crop :LOL:

Ikr.... I'm going to hook up my 7d to the x2 and 100-400 and see what u can get.... but key is patience Dave said.... so I'll be patient...

Though I am concerned where my cameras are focusing as I hear about back focusing and wondering if this is my issue sometimes? Why they aren't quite in focus?

Got to say I am glad it is a 600mm, as we live on a first floor flat looking down. So the zoom does come in handy but more so when the birds are at eye level in the tree :)

Got to say I am glad it is a 600mm, as we live on a first floor flat looking down. So the zoom does come in handy but more so when the birds are at eye level in the tree :)
I keep wondering whether to get a 1.4x or 2x extender but keep reading poor reviews of the performance and image degradation :thinking:

I keep wondering whether to get a 1.4x or 2x extender but keep reading poor reviews of the performance and image degradation :thinking:
My 100-400 is cut to f11 if at 400 hence my question about light... I don't use the x2 that often but handy for the moon.. I guess...

My 100-400 is cut to f11 if at 400 hence my question about light... I don't use the x2 that often but handy for the moon.. I guess...

On the thought of getting a 1.4x-2x sorry I can`t help on that as I do not have either, I always thought though that the Canon 1.4x is a cracker :)

That's what I wonder, I'd likely be cranking up the ISO too much that they would start looking like one of your seedy images :D

On the thought of getting a 1.4x-2x sorry I can`t help on that as I do not have either, I always thought though that the Canon 1.4x is a cracker :)
Thanks... that's the jist I get reading things, I suppose in a way, they can not make them too good, or there sales of the larger zooms would drop !!! - I may invest in a 2nd hand 1.4x (y) :thinking:

That's what I wonder, I'd likely be cranking up the ISO too much that they would start looking like one of your seedy images :D

seedy images....SEEDY images.... have i been posting the wrong ones again... {quickly checks own 365 in case naughty photos have been uploaded to wrong account} .......i don't think i crank up the ISO for the moon since it is so bright when i try and catch it, im not sure. i should try it again

Another grotty day, so have been trying the foam core board, CC more than welcome as I want to learn. The shells I had a go at changing the WB. @posiview Hi Andy you seem more clued up on WB than me, any tips on how I could do better on the shots below :)

Dried Grass Head by David Ore, on Flickr

Pocket Watch by David Ore, on Flickr

Black and White Pocket Watch by David Ore, on Flickr

Original by David Ore, on Flickr

White Balance by David Ore, on Flickr

Edited by David Ore, on Flickr

As I said, it would be great if anyone can give me tips or advice on how to do these sort of shots :)

Last edited:
I am going to have to put this Daily on hold, as my mother is very ill so no more daily photos for me till she is better.
Sorry to hear this Dave you made a brilliant start to a demanding daily commitment. Hope she's on the mend soon.

Sorry to hear this Dave you made a brilliant start to a demanding daily commitment. Hope she's on the mend soon.

Thanks mate, Mum phoned today using the ward payphone, the stronger antbiotics are really helping her a hell of a lot as everyone is happy, she could well be out for the weekend :)

Well today`s weather has been a right old mix, started sunny now it`s windy and rain. So just a couple of birds today for this new monthly post. It is actually a great feeling to try my best to with the bird shots :)

Starling by David Ore, on Flickr

Male Sparrow by David Ore, on Flickr

Sparrow by David Ore, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back