David Cassidy RIP 21 November 2017

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Yep the heart throb has passed away at 67

Memories of my sisters watching The Partridge Family and filling the wall of their bedroom with posters....

Critical condition is all I can see on the news.

I was talking to a friend in Baltimore when she amsaid his passing had just been announced

He has been in a coma apparently

Have messaged her back

She is a big fan of him

I cannot raise my friend in Baltimore so I posted on the say so of someone I have known 35 years who has always been spot on.... merde!

All I'm seeing is hospitalised with organ failure in a critical condition.
But it can't be good.
:(

Latest says organ (liver) failure, after years of struggling with alcohol problems, shame, although apparently still alive, so there is still hope.
Matt

I find it quite disturbing that in these days of instant communication, we can get something so discrgacefully wrong as the premature announcement of a person's death.

I find it quite disturbing that in these days of instant communication, we can get something so discrgacefully wrong as the premature announcement of a person's death.

Why? Social media, and indeed the wider general media are, often as not, no more than a series of Chinese whispers; now more than ever.

I do think possibly the thread title should be amended though.

Why? Social media, and indeed the wider general media are, often as not, no more than a series of Chinese whispers; now more than ever.

I do think possibly the thread title should be amended though.

And done

You can change the title back, he died last night, RIP

Having only been a kid at the time I only really have vague memories of the Partridge Family TV show or his songs. The only real memory I have of him is when I would have been 10yrs old. My Mum and Dad had taken my sister and I to London to go on HMS Belfast. Whilst on board there was a bit of commotion on the opposite bank, loads of teenage girls screaming towards a boat moored just away from the embankment. I caught a brief glimpse of David Cassidy on board and remember seeing a teenage girl jumping into the Thames in an attempt to swim to the boat.
I found this photo on Google which would have been taken that day.

Some years later, when I was an apprentice, I started dating a girl, she had a sister who around 7yrs older than me. She had been a big David Cassidy fan and she told us how she had gone to London with a couple of friends, knowing David Cassidy would be there on a boat on the Thames. You're probably way ahead of me and know what's coming, she told us she jumped into the Thames in an attempt to swim to the boat.

RIP David.

It was always the big battle who was the biggest 'Babe' Essex or Cassidy.

Looks like Essex took him out in the end, he always did have the brains though. UK 1 USA 0.

Having only been a kid at the time I only really have vague memories of the Partridge Family TV show or his songs. The only real memory I have of him is when I would have been 10yrs old. My Mum and Dad had taken my sister and I to London to go on HMS Belfast. Whilst on board there was a bit of commotion on the opposite bank, loads of teenage girls screaming towards a boat moored just away from the embankment. I caught a brief glimpse of David Cassidy on board and remember seeing a teenage girl jumping into the Thames in an attempt to swim to the boat.
I found this photo on Google which would have been taken that day.

Some years later, when I was an apprentice, I started dating a girl, she had a sister who around 7yrs older than me. She had been a big David Cassidy fan and she told us how she had gone to London with a couple of friends, knowing David Cassidy would be there on a boat on the Thames. You're probably way ahead of me and know what's coming, she told us she jumped into the Thames in an attempt to swim to the boat.

RIP David.
Small world.

Back