B&W Dawlish Mono's

I hate frames but I dig the graphic elements
and the renditions of both… cool Neil!

I like them both but 2 is the my favorite. Its very atmospheric. I don't know if its just be but it does seem a bit too bright on the left. But cracking images non the less.

When you project images boarders can really help. So if the background of you image is black and so is the space around the image on the computer, then a white line a few pixels thick can help contain the image.

Nice pictures Neil. :)

I'd prefer the bottom right posts not to be leaning so much in No.2, but it's still a lovely shot
Thanks Toni

Very nice Neil, both cool but love the first, the milky streaks of the tide as is retreats are fantastic
Cheers Alan

I like them both but 2 is the my favorite. Its very atmospheric. I don't know if its just be but it does seem a bit too bright on the left. But cracking images non the less.
Cheers Mike

Awesome mate would like posts to go to infinity but still a great shot.

Still 2 great shots @Lez325 can tell you how I feel about borders. Hehe
Cheers mate

Both lovely shots.
I frame for flickr too.

Hi Neil, I do like the first one, good composition and loads of movement interest, my only reservation is that it appears a bit flat? but the second one doesn't float my boat ,

Geoff

Hi Neil, I do like the first one, good composition and loads of movement interest, my only reservation is that it appears a bit flat? but the second one doesn't float my boat ,

Geoff
Thanks Geoff! Not sure about your flat comment though, I have tried to get a full range of tones from almost white to almost black, so can't see how it could be flat?!

Two very nice mono shots Neil, great comp', spot on exposure giving a full range of tones and contrast.(y)

"Purely a personal thing, for me there's too much milkiness in the water on #2, Still a great shot though".

George.

Thanks Geoff! Not sure about your flat comment though, I have tried to get a full range of tones from almost white to almost black, so can't see how it could be flat?!
Hi Neil, please don't lose any sleep over it, It may well be my laptop, I will look again the the office on a big screen,

Geoff

Two very nice mono shots Neil, great comp', spot on exposure giving a full range of tones and contrast.(y)

"Purely a personal thing, for me there's too much milkiness in the water on #2, Still a great shot though".

George.
Cheers George, yeah I know milky water isn't your thing mate, not to worry! Your comments are always appreciated, thanks Neil.

All good nothing wrong there
Cheers Steve

Hi Neil, please don't lose any sleep over it, It may well be my laptop, I will look again the the office on a big screen,

Geoff
No worries Geoff, would never lose sleep on opinions.

Good set Neil, I especially like the first, plenty of detail in the sky and I like the patterns in the sand made by the sea. Conversion looks good to with lots of different tones

Good set Neil, I especially like the first, plenty of detail in the sky and I like the patterns in the sand made by the sea. Conversion looks good to with lots of different tones
Thanks Steve

That first one is ace, I love the detail of the water in the foreground as it goes around the small stones
Cheers Carl, can't beat a few strategically placed stones ;)

Back