B&W Dawlish

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Not had chance to shoot much recently with the weather being bad and other commitments. The only chance I had to shoot over xmas was a couple hours at Dawlish warren, unfortunately this was in the middle if the day during bright sunshine so I've opted for contrasty mono shots.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Cv9S6q]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BHmy3L]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CcbDJd]

And a quick shot on the way home at Babbacombe.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CC79xS]

Thanks for viewing,comments and crit appreciated as always.
[/url][/url][/url][/url]

…a banquet for my eyes!

Only one thing to say about these images Neil, "Excellent".(y)

George.

Good set there Neil, even like the mono treatment which is unusual for me :)
You timed it right, the broken part of the groyne has disappeared completely now.
Was sorting through some shots the other day, comparing to before the 2014 storms and the beach level here has dropped by well over a meter :(

As I think I have said before on here I'm not a landscape photographer, I never seem to able to capture what I'm seeing. My way of judging landscape photos is to look at them and think "Would I buy a 20" x 30" print of that and put it on my wall and having seen these I would happily do that with 1, 2 & 4, they are outstanding and I think could well be sold as commercial images.

Good set there Neil, even like the mono treatment which is unusual for me :)
You timed it right, the broken part of the groyne has disappeared completely now.
Was sorting through some shots the other day, comparing to before the 2014 storms and the beach level here has dropped by well over a meter :(
Thanks Steve, had a feeling it would be gone the day after when the storms hit.

As I think I have said before on here I'm not a landscape photographer, I never seem to able to capture what I'm seeing. My way of judging landscape photos is to look at them and think "Would I buy a 20" x 30" print of that and put it on my wall and having seen these I would happily do that with 1, 2 & 4, they are outstanding and I think could well be sold as commercial images.
Cheers Christopher , appreciate the kind comments

"Going down" or is that "up" love them all, seen that last one before but didnt make any comment on it, maybe I can entice the OH do help with a similar one :)

I'm only getting one image here (the one with the groyne) followed by several [/url].

Like the pic there is though but intrigued to what that others are. Love that part of the world.

Nice mate, I lie the one from Babbacombe, the person element adds something Ive not seen before fron there
Thanks Gary, I did a night selfie in the same place last year, it was overcast though, wanted stars really so will be returning!

I'm only getting one image here (the one with the groyne) followed by several
Like the pic there is though but intrigued to what that others are. Love that part of the world.
Thanks Rich, not sure why you are only seeing one, try looking on flickr by clicking on the image.

A nice collection there
Cheers Jonothan, much appreciated.

I'm only getting one image here (the one with the groyne) followed by several [/url].

I have read that if you refresh the page that helps to show the remaining photos or clearing you cache could help also.

Loving the first one, goes to show that even midday sun in winter is low enough for great landscape shots

Hi Neil hows it going...
My favourite is number 2 then 4. There's something about 2 that grabs me and drags my eye way out to the marker, like the texture in the groyne. In 4 like those wavy lines with the water streaming back.
The Babbacombe shot always sticks in my mind from last year! Think the original has it for me although I like this version too!

Great set. Excellent example of B&W. These shots are all so simplistic and probably the best way I can describe them is Clean and Crisp.

You make B&W look effortless, yet in my experience it's one of the hardest things to get right. Superb!

Favourite would be the disappearing steps, very enchanting image.

Neil, these are just fantastic.
Perfect bw conversions.

Perfect bw conversions.

By no means since the rendition is not constant.
But in the sense of the artistic intent, very enjoyable as I said.

Perhaps not to you.
Not every "rendition" has to be the same.

Great local set. I'm often in Dawlish and love these views.

Hi Neil hows it going...
My favourite is number 2 then 4. There's something about 2 that grabs me and drags my eye way out to the marker, like the texture in the groyne. In 4 like those wavy lines with the water streaming back.
The Babbacombe shot always sticks in my mind from last year! Think the original has it for me although I like this version too!

Absolutely SUPERB landscape images Neil. I love the slight edgy contrast kick with these, lovely editing/content/skills/talent.

Simply wOOw

Regards;
Peter

These are right up my street!!!

I love them all and would be well chuffed if they were mine, looking forward to seeing more like these!!

Matt

Great set. Excellent example of B&W. These shots are all so simplistic and probably the best way I can describe them is Clean and Crisp.

You make B&W look effortless, yet in my experience it's one of the hardest things to get right. Superb!

Favourite would be the disappearing steps, very enchanting image.

Indeed enjoyed them all ;)

Neil, these are just fantastic.
Perfect bw conversions.

Perhaps not to you.
Not every "rendition" has to be the same.

Brilliant Neil, and the quick shot on the way home is the pick of a great bunch.

Wow thanks everyone, didn't think I'd get responses like this! Very happy indeed, thanks for taking the time to comment.

Back