Dawn at Ullswater

drodd

Also loves to mass debate
Name
Dawn
Edit My Images
No
Hiya,

Been a long while since I posted anything on TP, so thought I would pop past and add some pics of what I have been up to lately.

Dawn at Ullswater (1812_0_1) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Sunrise on Ullswater (0381) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Ullswater (0382) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Sunrise on Ullswater (1796) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

The Boathouse - Ullswater (1780) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Cheers

Dawn :)

Great set of shots Dawn. I love the last one. If I was being ultra picky I'd question the grasses in the bottom left but I'm not sure they detract enough to worry about them.

The only other negative would be the use of non straight edges to borders. That is distracting to me.

Lovely work though. Thanks for sharing.

Hi, dawn and welcome back.

Colours in 1 are superb!

Lynne won't be happy when she sees the last one. :)

Cheers, and don't be a stranger.

Hi Dawn,
like the composition of them all, well done, but find 1-4 a bit to saturated and very noisey, poss. a bit over sharpened. no 5 pic of the bunch for me.

I have to agree with Kevin on the first four. Good composition, but questionable PP. If you captured these in raw, then converted, I think the photos have great potential with a little more judicious PP. That's just my opinion, of course, so it's not meant to be harsh.

Number 5 is excellent.

Very nice set. Really like the composition on 2,4 and 5. Did you put a texture over 2,3 and 4? They seem a little noisy/grainy.

Not a huge fan of the borders or the warped edges, if I'm honest. And, to be really annoying and picky, I think the tripod on the 3rd could do with cloning out. But these are small issues. Overall I think they're really great! Good job!

Love the 5th one. The mist on the water is just lovely!

You should post more often Dawn these are superb

your last one is fantastic really captures the mood

i think the grasses add a sense of balance to the shot

would maybe lose the small light on the side of the boathouse.

Stunning set....love them all!!

Thanks Andy

Welcome back Dawn, :) what a lovely set of shots :)

Hiya Dave, thanks for the comments and welcome back. It has been a while, but I think the break has done me good :p

Great set of shots Dawn. I love the last one. If I was being ultra picky I'd question the grasses in the bottom left but I'm not sure they detract enough to worry about them.

The only other negative would be the use of non straight edges to borders. That is distracting to me.

Lovely work though. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Geoff for the lovely comments and detailed critique. I have to say I wondered about the grasses myself, but then decided not to clone them as felt they balanced the shot.

The borders were a bit of a play to see what effect they have. I think it looks better viewed on a black background as the border is actually white but blends too much on a withe background. But heyho, this is how we learn :D

Hi, dawn and welcome back.

Colours in 1 are superb!

Lynne won't be happy when she sees the last one. :)

Cheers, and don't be a stranger.

Hiya Andy, thanks, I guess I'm a bit of a prodigal daughter at the mo lol.

Thanks for the comments, and indeed I guess Lynne will not be happy about the boathouse shot .... however I did have her in thought when I took the shot and in a way should dedicate that one to her :D

I'll try not to be a stranger ..... but then ...... :LOL:

Nice shots, No2 gets the prize for me - I'd lose the borders though, they just look odd

Thanks for the comments and critique. Guess I need to get rid of the borders then as they don't seem to work too well :)

Hi Dawn,
like the composition of them all, well done, but find 1-4 a bit to saturated and very noisey, poss. a bit over sharpened. no 5 pic of the bunch for me.

Thanks for the c&c.

I have to agree with Kevin on the first four. Good composition, but questionable PP. If you captured these in raw, then converted, I think the photos have great potential with a little more judicious PP. That's just my opinion, of course, so it's not meant to be harsh.

Number 5 is excellent.

Hiya, thanks for the c&c. I did shoot these in RAW, and if I recall the ISO was perhaps a tad too high which is probably why they look a bit grainy. May revisit them some time.

Very nice set. Really like the composition on 2,4 and 5. Did you put a texture over 2,3 and 4? They seem a little noisy/grainy.

Not a huge fan of the borders or the warped edges, if I'm honest. And, to be really annoying and picky, I think the tripod on the 3rd could do with cloning out. But these are small issues. Overall I think they're really great! Good job!

Love the 5th one. The mist on the water is just lovely!

Hiya Ashleigh, thanks for the detailed comments and critique. I did think about cloning the tripod in #3, but decided to leave it in to give it the sense of activity rather than just being another landscape shot.

You should post more often Dawn these are superb

your last one is fantastic really captures the mood

i think the grasses add a sense of balance to the shot

would maybe lose the small light on the side of the boathouse.

Hiya John, thank you for your kind words and comments. I agree about the grasses, hence why I decided to leave them there.

Funny thing is, at first I did clone the light on the side of the boathouse, but to me it seemed better in .... gave it a sense of warmth I think, but then that is just my thinking. I will clone it out and look at it again with different eyes.

Welcome back Dawn, good to see you're still out with the camera.
Nice set, looking forward to seeing more off you.

Hiya Neil, thanks for the kind words. Indeed I am still out and about with the camera. Took a break for a while and didn't get as much togging done as I used to, but now that I am feeling much better I have more motivation to get out.

With the winter approaching and the change in season, this is generally the time of year I enjoy most for photography, so hopefully I will have opportunity to get out more and post more.

Thanks again everyone for your comments and critique, all taken on board.

Cheers

Aha ! yes yes you did get some lovely set this much better imho than the hdr ones from Aira very nice set and nice to see the ol boathouse got done too !

Aha ! yes yes you did get some lovely set this much better imho than the hdr ones from Aira very nice set and nice to see the ol boathouse got done too !

Hiya Mark,

Ahhhh, you found the lakeside shots then :D

Thanks for the lovely comments. Indeed, I finally got a shot of the boathouse too. After many visits of non successful shots of it, this one was very much a spur of the moment shot heading to location for sunrise. As I turned the bend in the road and saw the mist on the water I couldn't resist pulling over in the lay by just round the corner, grabbing my camera and running over for this shot. And boy am I glad I did now :D

Cheers

This is a decent set, with No3 being a peach of an image (although I would clone the tripod out)

I don't like the wacky borders on 2,3 &5

This is a decent set, with No3 being a peach of an image (although I would clone the tripod out)

I don't like the wacky borders on 2,3 &5

Thanks Les, I'll look at making a copy of #3 with the tripod cloned out.

Guess I need to lay off the borders. I seem to go through phases of using and not using them :LOL:

Cheers

Hi Hun

good to see you back here & posting up some lovely images ,Liking them all but LOVING the Boat house......wonderfully muted tones suit it to a tee as does the frame :clap:

Really need to get back up there myself soon , need a break....if I make it back there I'll give you a shout see if you fancy joining me.TTFN:wave:

Hi Hun

good to see you back here & posting up some lovely images ,Liking them all but LOVING the Boat house......wonderfully muted tones suit it to a tee as does the frame :clap:

Really need to get back up there myself soon , need a break....if I make it back there I'll give you a shout see if you fancy joining me.TTFN:wave:

Hiya Lynne

Thanks, just popping in now and then when I get a chance. Glad you like the pics, was thinking of you when I got the shot of the Boat House.

Yep, I feel the need to get back to the Lakes, even though I was only there a couple of weeks ago lol. Definitely let me know if you are heading up that way and I will make a plan to clear space to join you there :)

Take care my friend and catch up with you soon.

Cheers

Dawn x

Super! Number 2 & 5 for me. Love the starburst and reflections. Great atmosphere in 5

Hiya Alan, thanks for the kind comments (y)

Cheers

Hiya Mark,

Ahhhh, you found the lakeside shots then :D

Thanks for the lovely comments. Indeed, I finally got a shot of the boathouse too. After many visits of non successful shots of it, this one was very much a spur of the moment shot heading to location for sunrise. As I turned the bend in the road and saw the mist on the water I couldn't resist pulling over in the lay by just round the corner, grabbing my camera and running over for this shot. And boy am I glad I did now :D

Cheers

Nice to see you love this area it is gorgeous... wish i had more time to get out and enjoy it ... hopefully tomo i have a camera day planned so if the rain could kindly stay away .... I have a shot of the lakehouse that not many get ... it is a sunset rather than sunrise one sadly i switched to night shifts not long after getting it and not once been able to time a return with my now better knowledge. Love yours and it making my shutter finger itchy lol ... also could i say so nice of you to reply to everyone could use more like you round here lol

Nice to see you love this area it is gorgeous... wish i had more time to get out and enjoy it ... hopefully tomo i have a camera day planned so if the rain could kindly stay away .... I have a shot of the lakehouse that not many get ... it is a sunset rather than sunrise one sadly i switched to night shifts not long after getting it and not once been able to time a return with my now better knowledge. Love yours and it making my shutter finger itchy lol ... also could i say so nice of you to reply to everyone could use more like you round here lol

Hiya Mark,

Thanks for the lovely comments. Hope you manage to get the sunset shot you have in mind. Please let me know if you do as I would love to see that.

I am itching to get back to the Lakes, and am considering doing a bit of a winter stint next month. My son is going to South Africa with his dad for Chrimbo so I will have 3 weeks where I can get away whenever I want. The Lakes is definitely on my agenda during my free time, already starting to think of where to go to do some photography, so if you have any suggestions I am all ears.

In a way I am hoping for snow or frost so that I can get some winter Lake pics.

Thanks too for your kind words, I like to reply to each post/comment. After all if one makes the time and effort to post it is courtesy to reply back.

Cheers

Hiya Mark,

Thanks for the lovely comments. Hope you manage to get the sunset shot you have in mind. Please let me know if you do as I would love to see that.

I am itching to get back to the Lakes, and am considering doing a bit of a winter stint next month. My son is going to South Africa with his dad for Chrimbo so I will have 3 weeks where I can get away whenever I want. The Lakes is definitely on my agenda during my free time, already starting to think of where to go to do some photography, so if you have any suggestions I am all ears.

In a way I am hoping for snow or frost so that I can get some winter Lake pics.

Thanks too for your kind words, I like to reply to each post/comment. After all if one makes the time and effort to post it is courtesy to reply back.

Cheers

have couple to post but this place gets a touch cliquey so may just share on facebook same as you just wanderin about Aira since had a few hours to myself today ... the boat house one have a rough on my flickr feel free to mooch about ... would be better if had the gear I o now but it was done with a point and shoot and each pracket was done individually lol so will post a link via pm fer you to see .. went down today the lake is half a foot from breaking banks ... but hate that *** have friends livin nearby so refuse to take pics as did last time when they enede up sunk lol ..unless they say go fer it..

know what you mean when i post i do try to get on and reply to everyone who is kind enough to reply

have couple to post but this place gets a touch cliquey so may just share on facebook same as you just wanderin about Aira since had a few hours to myself today ... the boat house one have a rough on my flickr feel free to mooch about ... would be better if had the gear I o now but it was done with a point and shoot and each pracket was done individually lol so will post a link via pm fer you to see .. went down today the lake is half a foot from breaking banks ... but hate that *** have friends livin nearby so refuse to take pics as did last time when they enede up sunk lol ..unless they say go fer it..

know what you mean when i post i do try to get on and reply to everyone who is kind enough to reply

Hiya Mark,

Thanks for the link and I have had a mooch through your Flickr page, you have some stunning photos there, which are very inspirational for my next trip to the Lakes. Have added you as a contact on Flickr too, so that I can keep up to date with your new posts.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Three and five for me Dawn. Lovely set of images.

Hiya Ceri,

Thanks for popping past and for the lovely comments too. Long time no hear .... hope you are keeping well.

Cheers

Back