Dawn Darts

I want to like it Wayne, but it feels a little cramped, and that there's a much greater vista beyond the edges of the frame. Nice colours though.

Coming back again, think the problem for me is that the tree and the scene behind are fighting for attention, and neither get what they demand.

I really like that. The tree, the rocks draw the eye, then theres the imbalance of the slope and the horizon framing the fog. Very good

I want to like it Wayne, but it feels a little cramped, and that there's a much greater vista beyond the edges of the frame. Nice colours though.
There was nothing beyond it. It was too bleddy foggy. [emoji1]
It was a great morning but v frustrating. Limited light, lots of fog, but very rarely lifting enough to give layers.

I think there is much tighter vertical crop just waiting around that tree. I also struggle to reconcile the fact the sky is much darker than the fog over the landscape. If this is genuine exposure of both it is a real head scratcher.

"I also struggle to reconcile the fact the sky is much darker than the fog over the landscape. If this is genuine exposure of both it is a real head scratcher" -------

The mist at top right is darker in line with the dark sky, as if a hard ND grad has been used.

"I also struggle to reconcile the fact the sky is much darker than the fog over the landscape. If this is genuine exposure of both it is a real head scratcher" -------

The mist at top right is darker in line with the dark sky, as if a hard ND grad has been used.

That's my guess too - and it might as well be a physical grad. There is very little point of using one once you are into HDR / multiple exposure blending world. I would have just barely pulled back the highlights in the sky just enough that it isn't blown out but definitely leave quite bright just as it was in real life to connect with the fog. LR now allows so much finetuning of virtual {grad} filters that it blows any physical ones out of the water. But regardless the right part of the shot to me is just a deadweight.

Back