Dawn from Dale Head

Name
Stuart McGlennon
Edit My Images
No
One of the few sunrises I'll be doing this summer, it's just too prohibitive - this hike involved a 2am start and I only live 35mins from here!

The 'usuable' light only lasted 5 mins before it was way too bright, although it was great while it lasted:

Morning Blaze by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

Dale Head by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

Epic light especially No1, I know its a lot of work and dedication to get these shots so well done!
No1 is my pick Stu love the foreground light. Excellent work top notch mate(y)

No.1 has it all, the lighting, the recession of the mountains, the FG interest and leading lines - it really holds my interest. No. 2 is also excellent, especially the raking light and is outstanding in its own right but with the two shown together then No. 1 is the stronger image for me.

Hats off to you with the 2am start.

Epic light especially No1, I know its a lot of work and dedication to get these shots so well done!
No1 is my pick Stu love the foreground light. Excellent work top notch mate(y)
Thanks mate, I basically stayed up after finishing work at 1130pm as by the time I needed to get up sleep would have been pointless, just slept when I got home before going back to work lol

No.1 has it all, the lighting, the recession of the mountains, the FG interest and leading lines - it really holds my interest. No. 2 is also excellent, especially the raking light and is outstanding in its own right but with the two shown together then No. 1 is the stronger image for me.

Hats off to you with the 2am start.
Thanks very much

Superb shots.
Thanks alot

Nice shots. Why not camp up there. That way you get a sunset, maybe some astro and then the sunrise. Plus if the dawn is rubbish you just go back to sleep. ;)
In a perfect world I would have but as I think I mentioned earlier i was on back shift the night before so I only finished work at 2330pm, so camping was out of the equation. I'm hoping to do a few more wild camps this summer though as you're right it's the best scenario to capture both periods

Good reward there Stuart for that horrid 'silly o clock' start :police:. No.2 has everything for me and just proves you only need 5 minutes in the field :eek:

Back