Day break on the farm

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
An early morning shot of a local farm.
Finnieston_farm.jpg

Oh that's lovely. The light emanates from the barn?

Really like this especially the bluish tonal quality, its got so much atmosphere. I might be shot down for saying this, but I would be tempted to clone out the triangular top of the pylon thats showing in the trees, left of center, it is a distraction to me, but then thats just my simple opinion. Definately a good shot Charlie (y)

Have to agree that's great. Detail in the foreground, the orange light reflected in the mist drawing your eyes to the misty layers in the background. So much to look at around the image and then the orange light contrasting against the blue.

You should be really proud of that one.

Really like the way you've captured the atmosphere - can almost hear the farm sounds in my head as a result! Technically very well executed.

You could lose the pylon as Trev said - but that's a preference thing.

Worth the early start!!

Lovely! You could have taken that shot every day for a lifetime and it would never have come up like that. It shows how light is THE ingredient.

Well seen and captured mate! (y)

A very strong shot in my opinion. The range of colours is excellent and I particularly like the bluish tones stretching off into the mist and the distance. This contrast so well with the orange glow from the barn. All in all a fine image.

Not bad, for an old woodman...............:)

Thank you all for looking & your thoughts (even fracster :p).

I did think about cloning out the pylon but decided against it as the shot was a combination of man made buildings in a more natural landscape. Hope you get my thinking!:)

I have visited this spot many times now, & each time the light was fairly bland. This particular morning the mist rising off a nearby loch & that light shining from the building, just set it off. That light must be on a sensor, as it kept coming on & off. Fortunately for me, it was on all the time during a long exposure.

Gosh, this is darned good, the contrast between the soft, rolling, misty woods against the gritty harshness of the farm buildings is very appealing, and that light provides a perfect topping.

Gosh, this is darned good, the contrast between the soft, rolling, misty woods against the gritty harshness of the farm buildings is very appealing, and that light provides a perfect topping.

Thank you for your thoughts.(y) I am slowly getting the hang of this landscape stuff, I think.:)

Back