Daytime - Nightime

I'm I gonna break your heart if I say I prefer by far
I night shot?

…like in fairytales!

Love the night image it looks like something form the Hobbit film.

Great idea Edward, and well executed. Out of the two my preference would be for the night shot.(y)

George.

Thanks, Jeremy - I did wonder but felt the pub's main sign would look slightly odd. With hindsight (surprised no one's noticed this one) I should have turned on the lights inside.

To all, thank you for the comments - as a newcomer to the forum it is heartening :)

:) Yep! Not sure what possessed me to try it but I was pleased. My main weapon of attack is Viveza, part of the Nik Software which is an addon one can buy for Photoshop and Lightroom.

I must admit, I didn't realise it was completely Photoshopped. If that's what turns you on..........

I suppose a photographer would have actually gone back after dark.
Unfortunately this is not always possible! I've worked with design agencies with strict deadlines before who need similar photoshop work carried out. Yes it's not the same as the real thing but it's always handy to have such skills just in case.

I think you've done pretty good job. At uni I did a similar project taking daytime photos and turning them into magical places in the woods using Adobe After Effects.

I must admit, I didn't realise it was completely Photoshopped. If that's what turns you on..........

I suppose a photographer would have actually gone back after dark.

One who wanted to improve their post skills would probably do what the OP has done here though. ....................

Great work Edward. I'm a bit confused by the light area on the brick wall though...Otherwise definitely fairytale. Shrek comes to mind :)

Thank you for all these. The light on the wall. Err, yes. I've kept looking at it and wondering why as well. Should have undone that one.

Re the photoshop/photography, I enjoy photoshop and this project was purely for fun and part of my learning how to use the package more, although this particular exercise was mainly created in Viveza.

Back