De La Warr Pavillion

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Taking a look back through some of this summer's photos. Here's a few of the wonderful (if you like art deco) De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill on Sea.

Built in 1935, when post-modernism was popular. More details at https://www.dlwp.com/about/history/

De La Warr Pavilion 1 by Chris, on Flickr

De La Warr Pavilion by Chris, on Flickr

Yes, just a light fitting but such style!
De La Warr Pavilion 3 by Chris, on Flickr

De La Warr Pavilion 2 by Chris, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. Critique and feedback would be very much appreciated.

Chris

The last is the most interesting for me, had to consider what it was ... would have been great if you hadn't cropped part of the opening off at the bottom.
#3 would have been better without the fire extinguisher trolley and exit doors ... was another angle possible?

Thanks for taking the time to comment Gramps - much appreciated.

Pleased you like the last one, it's an amazing light fitting, it's one of my favourites. I know what you mean about the crop, but that was as wide as I could go. Moving the composition would have placed the light fitting right on the edge.

You're right about the fire extinguisher on the 4th, given the lighting and the space it was the best compromise that I could find at the time - I'll try harder on my next trip down south.

I'll go back and have another go next summer - it's well worth a visit if you like that kind of architecture.

Chris

Thanks for taking the time to comment Gramps - much appreciated.

Pleased you like the last one, it's an amazing light fitting, it's one of my favourites. I know what you mean about the crop, but that was as wide as I could go. Moving the composition would have placed the light fitting right on the edge.

You're right about the fire extinguisher on the 4th, given the lighting and the space it was the best compromise that I could find at the time - I'll try harder on my next trip down south.

I'll go back and have another go next summer - it's well worth a visit if you like that kind of architecture.

Chris

We stayed at Bexhill a few years back and ( must confess that we didn't go inside the pavillion (shame now, seeing your images) ... the draw for me being Hastings fish quarter and Dungeness :)

We stayed at Bexhill a few years back and ( must confess that we didn't go inside the pavillion (shame now, seeing your images) ... the draw for me being Hastings fish quarter and Dungeness :)

I thought that Dungeness was a fascinating place. the assortment of houses was amazing. I took a few of the usual boat pictures,but nothing of any worth.

Chris

I thought that Dungeness was a fascinating place. the assortment of houses was amazing. I took a few of the usual boat pictures,but nothing of any worth.

Chris
Yes a whole new world landscape :)

I grew up in Bexhill, so always nice to see the DLWP.

Amazing that they have some ultra-cool photo and art expos, and great gigs.

It my day it was all summer variety and local dance productions..

I grew up in Bexhill, so always nice to see the DLWP.

Amazing that they have some ultra-cool photo and art expos, and great gigs.

It my day it was all summer variety and local dance productions..

Fortunately the summer variety shows have faded away! They had some interesting art exhibitions in May, not sure I could really understand it all, but good to see and very interesting.

Chris

Wow, some amazing lines and curves (which I'm a killer for)
The subtle treatment suits the Art Deco too....smooth
Cheers!

Thanks for your comments Don - It's a perfect place for Art Deco lines and curves, a real gem of building, especially now it has been restored.

Chris

Back