Decaying flowers - C+C welcome

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Playing around with silver efex pro and I quite liked the tones but wanted to keep some colour, so I made the silver efex layer into a mask and created a circular gradient around the flower to bring out some of the colour.

What do you think?

20100324-Macroshots-1070507-Edit-1.jpg

I really like the concept, saw it in PT magazine this month. would have prefered it to have less in it though. Well done :)

Thanks for the comments :)

I really like the concept, saw it in PT magazine this month. would have prefered it to have less in it though. Well done :)

Cheers - what's PT magazine though? Also how do you mean you would have preferred it to have less in it? Less colour? Sorry if I'm being thick - fairly new to this.

Pratical Photography has an item on 'rotting flowers' good idea I think and want to try. I mean the photo for me is to 'busy', I am drawn to the colour picture then to the right to the black and white (both great) then try to take in the upper part of photo .. does that make sense? I think I would prefer nothing in the top of the image. But, that's just me :)

The only thing that bugs me is the blur on the bottom left petal, which, to me, should be in focus.

Other than that, I like the concept.

Pratical Photography has an item on 'rotting flowers' good idea I think and want to try. I mean the photo for me is to 'busy', I am drawn to the colour picture then to the right to the black and white (both great) then try to take in the upper part of photo .. does that make sense? I think I would prefer nothing in the top of the image. But, that's just me :)

Ah I see, thanks. Will have a play with some different crops.

And thanks Nick and Joe. I know what you mean about the blur on the flower on the bottom left, might try cropping that out a bit more too.

Cheers

Back