Decent Frame Options

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
Hey,

I’m looking for some good 16x12 frames.
I’ve used the Range previously however have found that they size is slightly out and often requires some cutting. Also, the glass isn’t real glass and is quite reflective.

I know ideally getting them made is the best option, but wasn’t sure if anyone had any better suggestions of where to go to buy them.
Any links would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this has been asked before - I did try the search option first.

Thanks

Ikea used to do some good frames, unfortunately they now have plastic glass in them and they have ruined them.

I too mostly go to the Range for frames but not keen on the plastic ones which seem to be getting more common? One thing to note some of the plastic ones have protective film on them which you can miss if you don't look carefully.

Although my branch still does have a few glass ones I have managed to get some at Wilko if there one near you, other than that there not much choice on the high street and buying online a bit of a minefield with quality?

First, I would like to celebrate the term 'plastic glass'. What cheap salesperson thought that one up?

Glass, dammit, is glass, though it comes in flavours that for pictures normally starts with 2mm float, and moves up from there in performance and price.

The two plastics I know about that get used in frames are acrylic (aka 'Perspex') and styrene. Acrylic is harder but will still accrue cleaning scratches over time.

A widely-available brand of frames at reasonable prices in standard sizes with a big range of options is Nielsen. Google is your friend.

Last edited:
Glass in flavours who could have thought that one up:rolleyes: . Can I have a 2mm sheet of vanilla ;)

Last edited:
Picture frame glass is relatively cheap nowadays (most imported from Taiwan) so why not buy the range stuff and the glass seperately.

Back