Deer at Calke Abbey Derbyshire

… love the third image!

I'm not terribly familiar with reds,and have not seen this behaviour,cool images. Are fallow and red kept in the same enclosure?

stu

Jon I sometimes drop in on some reds close to me,being captive and me spending so much time chasing seriously wild fallow,I tend to view them as almost practice. That isn't in anyway to demean them or your images bro ,just me being me. i've just never seen the two species together and was musing what happens at rut are the males split,stuff like that.Hence me Q's

Which ever way I cut it I have never seen the upright browsing,very cool buddy,thanks for the reply as well.

He he I said they are captive which is very true,but trying to get cool images is not that much easier than the wild bar the reduced flight response. He he took some images recently with my feet way up above my head in an effort to get low and deal with a steep hill and deer fence at the same time. Probably the most rediculous shooting position I have ever been in,i'd lay a bet onlookers were giggling:cool:

Wonderful seeing the fawns just now and as you have caught the stag's in velvet

Good stuff mate cheers muchly for sharing

stu

Back