deja vu the puffin shot re-worked as requested

I think I prefer the original which is a very nice shot!

It very hard clone big areas and make it look convincing, I am afraid this you can really tell and just looks messy especially above the head of the puffin

I tend to agree with you ,I did it as was suggested and it proves my initial edit was the best choice ,but it had to be tried

I did it as was suggested and it proves my initial edit was the best choice

I suggested blending in the white blob to the right, not to remove it completely with too hard a clone brush, I never said do the one around the head.

I agree with you that original edit ( with the white blob ) is the better of the two, but only because you have done a really bad clone job.

Last edited:
I suggested softening the white blobs a touch, not to remove them completely with too hard a clone brush.
yep but whichever way it was never gonna be easy . the original has the edge imho I can see the faults in the re-worked one myself curing it is beyond my skill level Andy but worth a try .I have a few hundred more from different angles so will look for another instead

Hi Jeff...I was editing my original post while you were posting, I agree cloning can be difficult if you intend to try and remove an object totally.

On this occasion I agree, the original is much better.

Sorry if the above post comes across as harsh, I kind of bit a little, no hard feelings ;)

no problem I got broad shoulders ,and big fists :exit::exit::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Personally I'd prefer the 2nd rendition if the PP was done differently. I tried on the image that was posted and used a different approach.
Using PS CC2018 I duplicated the layer and did a quick selection of the background which I then converted to a mask. You can now select the white blobs and it doesn't matter if you go into the puffin as the mask protects it.
Having made the selection then do Shift F5 to fill and select content aware fill. Ensure Color Adaption is ticked and it will fill the area to match the surroundings.
Doesn't always work perfectly the 1st time so if it doesn't then select the problem area again and repeat Shift F5. Worked OK on the image you posted and I could send it to you or post it here with your permission.

You have my permission to post on this occasion

Yep nicely done Kevin But I still prefer the messy environmental original ,with the o.o.f gannets and halo effect around its head .thanks for posting though

Back