Delamere Forest

Now THAT is woodland photography. I usually dismiss such scenes as "boring little pictures" as that is good - reflections are never boring. That is the best woodland scene I have ever seen taken and posted on here - by an absolute country mile. Lovely subtle colours and light too.

Last edited:
Now THAT is woodland photography. I usually dismiss such scenes as "boring little pictures" as that is good - reflections are never boring. That is the best woodland scene I have ever seen taken and posted on here - by an absolute country mile. Lovely subtle colours and light too.

Well Steve, what can I say?? Absolutely bowled over by your very kind comments.
I had wandered around Delamere for about 2 hours when I stumbled across this pond. It was a really wierd experience because the composition just yelled out at me. Something that has never happened before. A very strange moment, but I'm glad the shot turned out ok

I like it a lot but don't think you need the full reflection - a 5:7 or 4:5 crop would be more balanced, at least to my eyes.

I like it a lot but don't think you need the full reflection - a 5:7 or 4:5 crop would be more balanced, at least to my eyes.

Back