Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor UP2716DA - New price at Amazon!

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi chaps

I'm looking for a second monitor to match my existing (but now no longer available) Dell U2713H

I'm considering the Dell Ultrasharp UP2716DA. Do any of you guys have experience of this monitor and would you be able to share, please?

TIA

My daughter has that monitor, what sort of details are you after?
I know she is happy with it and it didn't need much adjustment when calibrated.
From what I saw the picture looked very good and colours were nice as you would expect from a 100% RGB display

Last edited:
I have the Dell Ultra sharp UP2716DA. 27 inch monitor - It does what its supposed to do- I have no issues with it :) Great size for Photoshop use -

I bought mine from Amazon - Dell U2719D UltraSharp 27 Inch QHD (2560 x 1440) Monitor, 60 Hz, IPS, 5ms, 99 Percent sRGB, 2 x DisplayPort, HDMI, 5 x USB, Adjustable Stand (Height, Pivot, Swivel, Tilt), 3-Year Warranty: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Les

That link isn't the UP2716, would have one myself at that price if it was.
About three hundred quid more than that as a rule although you can find them in the 500's sometimes

Last edited:
Mine is a slightly older P2715Q, which is 600mm wide by 340mm tall, 690 diagonal. All glass screen sizes i.e. inside the bezel

I've asked my daughter to measure her screen when she gets in from work.
Will let you know when I have the dimensions.

I find such a large Monitor is ideal for PP when using photoshop :)

It really is a very nice monitor, but I think available space and finances will mean me keeping my Dell U2415.
If you have limited space the smaller 24" screen with an aspect ratio of 16:10 makes it appear larger.

It really is a very nice monitor, but I think available space and finances will mean me keeping my Dell U2415.
If you have limited space the smaller 24" screen with an aspect ratio of 16:10 makes it appear larger.

I like 16:10 aspect ratio's but they are a rare screen now.

The 27 is nice...wouldn't mind the 32 but I'd want the 4k at that size and the cost just keeps going up.

The colour space coverage of this screen mentioned is super and really everything a serious photography needs and wants. Given the calibre of the OP's photography I'd say it is a wise investment.

Seems like there are a several of us thinking about monitors. I'd like to find a new monitor and I've be looking at the Dell UP2720Q. Anyone with experience of this unit? Any advise or alternatives?

I've searched the internet, but found the information a bit varied. Usually the recommendation is larger is better, but I don't really have the space. I had looked at the Dell U2520D, but lower res and does not handle 10bit colour.

I've got one and I like it. Does for me.
The screen set up as delivered was very bright.
I've yet to invest in a colour checker.

Edit - I have the U 2720Q

Last edited:
I've got one and I like it. Does for me.
The screen set up as delivered was very bright.
I've yet to invest in a colour checker.

I would recommend a brightness setting of under 120cd/m2 no matter what unless you edit in a very brightly lit room.

My Eizo is set to 90cd/m2 but I edit in the dark with no lights on.

Thanks @Peter123. And good to know that you are happy with the U2720Q as I have a confession to make..... I've been getting my product codes confused. I'm not really in the market for the UP2720Q.... a £1400+ monitor. I wish I could afford, but not really. Questions would be asked.

So Peter, you've found the Dell U2720Q to provide good colour and good size for edits?

@SFTPhotography what Eizo monitor are you using?

Last edited:
Thanks @Peter123. And good to know that you are happy with the U2720Q as I have a confession to make..... I've been getting my product codes confused. I'm not really in the market for the UP2720Q.... a £1400+ monitor. I wish I could afford, but not really. Questions would be asked.

So Peter, you've found the Dell U2720Q to provide good colour and good size for edits?

@SFTPhotography what Eizo monitor are you using?

Yes its a very good size. The screen is excellent.

The one I have cost £600. At the time Dell direct were quoting 4 months delivery and I ended buying it from Amazon as they had stock.

This is the one
Check out Laptops direct but beware they said a few days delivery and keep putting it back, I got fed up with them in the end as I thought they were taking the p***.

At the time Dell were also advertising a slightly different model with the same name, but a lot more expensive. The only difference I could see was that the newer one had a thunderbolt 3 connector. But the one above has USB C so I couldn't see why it was worth it. Check out the differences if you see a more expensive version. It may have improved specs.

Good luck.

I like 16:10 aspect ratio's but they are a rare screen now.

The 27 is nice...wouldn't mind the 32 but I'd want the 4k at that size and the cost just keeps going up.

The colour space coverage of this screen mentioned is super and really everything a serious photography needs and wants. Given the calibre of the OP's photography I'd say it is a wise investment.

@SFTPhotography You're too kind, Steve. I am now officially humbled

Plus a three year warranty for just 27 quid more. I’d order one of these if I could make my mind up on my PC/Mac/mini dilemma.

Just order it in case they charge more for it later. PC or Mac (unless iMac with the horrid glossy screen) and this will work perfectly with MacBook, Mac Mini, MacPro tower (the proper one with the Xeon processers) or PC/laptop

My PC arrived saturday so got to have a play around with the Dell monitor today. Seems pretty good. Plenty of adjustments for height etc. The Spyder 5 tweaked the colours a tiny bit, around the same as my iMac needed. Tbh, it looked fine straight out of the box. Ended up paying 450 quid. Can’t grumble.

My PC arrived saturday so got to have a play around with the Dell monitor today. Seems pretty good. Plenty of adjustments for height etc. The Spyder 5 tweaked the colours a tiny bit, around the same as my iMac needed. Tbh, it looked fine straight out of the box. Ended up paying 450 quid. Can’t grumble.
Mine is set up too and as you say, for less than £500, you can’t knock it.

Back