Delta Airliner and Nikon P900

Name
Dave Tucker
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, loving the zoom on the Nikon P900, captured this aircraft as it crossed the east coast of yorkshire this morning. Hand Held and shot at 2000mm, considering it was probably at 26000 feet, i am quite happy with the result.Delta.jpg

Quite? …did you say quite? Excepted a few details in PP,
at 26ooo '… this is spectacular!
2ooo mm is way out of my reach. I thought of looking at that
thing next time I'm in town!

Quite? …did you say quite? Excepted a few details in PP,
at 26ooo '… this is spectacular!
2ooo mm is way out of my reach. I thought of looking at that
thing next time I'm in town!
Hi thanks for the feedback, the Nikon P900, is an amazing Bridge Camera with an outstanding zoom, looking forward to exploring its possibilities,
Dave

Pretty impressive for a sub £500 camera.

@davetucker Just checked out the 3 swan pics on your site & presume the 2000mm was taken on a tripod? Pretty darn good SOOC. :cool:

Last edited:
as said above, awesome clarity.

Wow, I've never got a good shot with my A6000 at 200mm with high up planes, this shot makes me want to sell my camera.

Great image 2000mm I'm now going to google Nikon P900

Hi thanks for the feedback, the Nikon P900, is an amazing Bridge Camera with an outstanding zoom, looking forward to exploring its possibilities,
Dave

I agree had mine a couple of months now but due to the light conditions only been out twice with it,bought it for birding in the spring and summer when they will pose hopefully in good light,wouldn't mind adding a 2000mm bird shot to the thread but i understand its bad practice without asking.

That is impressive

I just done a search on the P900 and read the B&H review. I.am.speechless. What a camera. Something worth getting that is for sure.

Thanks for sharing! (great photo, cannot believe the detail and hand-held)

Well, what more can I add to everyones comments - thats a great shot at that height, I'd be chuffed to bits with that :)

Saw the image and had to google the P900, saw a video and it looks like a pretty cool camera, definitely worth the money by the looks of it

Waiting for the camera shops in town to get one in stock so I can have a play. Apparently, Nikon can't make the fast enough to keep up with demand, although I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the shops may be fairly well down the list of places to get them, having gone pop a few years ago owing Nikon (and others) a fair old wedge! TBH, I'm not expecting a perfect camera but if it's as useable as the shot posted would suggest, it may well be a reasonable alternative as a holiday camera rather than take a system that reaches out to 600mm.

Just got one for a mate and had a play, very useable and that zoom range is mad as a box of frogs, great travel camera,

Managed to get a low mileage one for £400. Not had a proper play yet beyond checking that it works. Looking forward to seeing some light!

Back