Deltics

Good to see at least some heritage locos are still moving with the current WCRC c**k up.. .. :D

These take me back to my trainspotting days, actually loved the noise of them!. :)

the engine in these locomotives was designed for a gunboat (Gerry Feinnes I tried to run a railway p66). hopefully the WCRC debacle is drawing to a conclusion as regarding the Jurassic steamer scheduled originally May 15 has been rescheduled for the 30th because the loco booked needs mainline testing (source vintage trains)

Still a lot of possible disruptions listed, all dependent on WCRC getting things sorted - or an alternative arrangement being made..
http://uksteam.info/tours/trs15.htm

Something had to change to reduce the over-reliance of the UK steam heritage industry on one operator with a record of playing fast and loose with safety.

update from UK maiinline steam

West Coast Railways suspension lifted
[Fri 08-May-15] Network Rail has confirmed that the WCRC Suspension was lifted at 00:01 on Friday 8 May. This follows changes tp the company's Safety Managment System, and the appointment of a new Director/General Manager, Head of Safety and a Non-Executive Director. There will now be a phased reintroduction of services.

Meanwhile the status of the ORR threat to revoke the West Coast Railways Safety Certificate remains unclear. The 28-day Consultation period with the Industry will end on Friday 15 May) before a final decision is made.

In the days of CB radio, my pal Roy had his 'handle' as Deltic Dreamer :)

Lovely units these ;)

Back