Demolition of old Ford Foundry

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

This is an image of a partly demolished factory near my home.

I would love to hear your constructive critiques.

Ford Foundry by jshb, on Flickr

Jason

Shouldn't that be destructive critique :LOL: I think that you've actually captured it quite well (y) a friend of mine did a little urbex in there shortly after it closed I will see if I can dig out a link to the photo's :D

Edit: HERE is the link to that urbex set I mentioned (y)

Matt

Last edited:
Wow Matt, that's an awesome set of images. I would love to have seen that, I bet it was fascinating and spooky as hell lol.

An amazing insight to what has been a landmark all of my life.

Thanks for posting the link

Jason

I think the sunshine/blue sky has taken the edge off it slightly,in terms of decay and abandon that is
Perhaps a conversion to b&w might bring it back somewhat :thinking:

I like (y)

I think the sunshine/blue sky has taken the edge off it slightly,in terms of decay and abandon that is
Perhaps a conversion to b&w might bring it back somewhat :thinking:

I agree Bright blue skies doesn't really go with the abandoned and decay look. Would like to see this in b&w, as I think it would look better imho.

Cheers for the link mate :) and it was rather spooky, especially dodging people in fluorescent jackets ;)

Its a shame that its being knocked down, but i guess they could cram 150 houses on the site....

As for the image, for me there is a bit too much going on. There is a nice diamond shape created by the pipes in the middle, I think as above a dark and high contrast B&W edit might help.

Shouldn't that be destructive critique :LOL: I think that you've actually captured it quite well (y) a friend of mine did a little urbex in there shortly after it closed I will see if I can dig out a link to the photo's :D

Edit: HERE is the link to that urbex set I mentioned (y)

Matt

It would be great to have an old ford sign in the photo or something because at present it has no relation (to me) to being a misused car factory. Also, as mentioned, the bright blue sky takes away from the 'run-down' look. Another point if you don't mind me saying, is there's a lot more interest on the right hand side of the photo as the left side and could benefit from being a little more balanced :)

Fantastic, thanks for all your observations. I will have a play with crops and try in B&W and post when I have done that.

Thanks again

Jason

Cheers for the link mate :) and it was rather spooky, especially dodging people in fluorescent jackets ;)

Its a shame that its being knocked down, but i guess they could cram 150 houses on the site....

As for the image, for me there is a bit too much going on. There is a nice diamond shape created by the pipes in the middle, I think as above a dark and high contrast B&W edit might help.

No worries mate (y)

Taken me a while, but my very first attempt at a B&W. I have no idea what I am doing but thought I would give it a go based on Goldeeno's suggestions.

Feel free to critique honestly, you will not offend me.

B&W of Ford Foundry by jshb, on Flickr

P.S. I know it needs a straighten

Jason

I really liked the blue sky, I think that's because it reminded me of all the urban regeneration that I used to see in the school holidays in the 70's, it certainly made me think of summertime lol. (remember those days? when the summer holidays were always sunny?)

Hi Summer, I liked the blue sky as well, I thought it made for an interesting contrast between the dirty and derelict factory and the beautiful sky.

A few people wanted B&W and you have to give the public what they want lol

Jason

but you should do it the way you want to hon, sometimes comments are about opinion or taste rather than technical critique.

I like both types of decay - dark and broody and contratsts (like the one of a beautiful sunrise on an industrial site).

I guess this just reminded me of a happy time so I loved it :)

I used to live near a coke works which was subsequently abandoned and demolished, also a huge power station and an old flour mill which was dynamited. Shame it was when I was younger and sans camera :(

always been fascinated with factories and works tho :banana:

Thanks for the advice Summer. I am still really new to photography and trying to find my feet so to speak.

I am still unsure as to what works and what doesn't and what constitutes a good image. I can see good and bad in other peoples, but I don't see much good in mine yet. My big problem at the moment is that I don't think I have a good "eye" for composition or what makes for good photo.

I am sure I will learn (or at least I hope I will) over time.

Jason

B&W not working for me....!

Nor me really, just thought I would try it, someone else suggested it.I really have no clue about B&W processing though

is it still there? get more pictures while its being knocked down (please)

It is but there is not much left, I will try and get down later today and take some more shots

Coloured version for me.just love the blue sky against the building.

Thanks (y)

Jason

Back