Derelict steel works at sunset.

I like it ,can I make a suggestion .
Can you crop from the RHS of the lampost?on the left to the RHS of the 4 brown cylinders and convert it to B&W , it might look a lot more moody(?) and illustrative of the collapse of the industry.

It adds a touch glamour to a subject that doesn't really deserve it.

That is why, imo, the photograph works!

I personally like it and even though I shoot almost exclusively b&w ( film), this particular image suits the colours rendered by the evening light very well indeed.

I like it ,can I make a suggestion .
Can you crop from the RHS of the lampost?on the left to the RHS of the 4 brown cylinders and convert it to B&W , it might look a lot more moody(?) and illustrative of the collapse of the industry.
A very good point and i will try it.

Very nice shot, with some good light & composition.

George.

Right on my doorstep and a devastation to our area. If you continue round the corner/backroad to Warrenby, you will get to Paddys Hole at the mouth of the Tees and some really nice photos can be had around the boatyard etc.

Right on my doorstep and a devastation to our area. If you continue round the corner/backroad to Warrenby, you will get to Paddys Hole at the mouth of the Tees and some really nice photos can be had around the boatyard etc.
Yes, we found Paddy's hole but unfortunately ran out of time. however we will definately be back.
This actual shot of the steel works is taken from the dunes just before Paddy's hole.

Back