Derwent water autumn reflections

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Some lovely colours in these Alf, Thanks for sharing.

Stunning colours I was supposed to be up there this week

No. 3 is idyllic Alf.

Thanks Peter

I think the autumn down there has been much better than ours.

All good but 3 as mentioned looks great

Thanks Steve

3 is the one there Alf, i'm sure it's not clipped but i think the sky could pull back a hair in the brighter part though

Thanks Stuart
That sky is rather bright and was just about clipping I will have another look.

Excellent work- I too think number 3 is the stronger image

Thanks James

Some lovely colours in these Alf, Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Graham

Cracking images Alf.

Thanks Andy

Stunning colours I was supposed to be up there this week

Thanks Phil
The weather has been poor generally up here

The third shot was taken with my second camera handheld while I was shooting a long exposure on the tripod with the other camera

Last edited:
Nice work Alf, I love a good reflection and they're all good but I'm with the others, 3 is the one.

Some nice images there! Number three looks great. It would be even better with a polarizing filter to take some of the glare off the water and reveal the foreground a bit more. There's a bit of a halo around the trees. Not sure how to best remove that.

All lovely, but at the risk of sounding repetitive - No3 is the pick of the bunch for me too.

Love them all Alf , I'm a sucker for classy reflections

Another vote for 3:) very nice autumn colours there, looks like you found the right spot in the end.

It's No 3 for me as well. Really nice.

I probably wouldn't have bothered going out on a cloudy morning like that.:(

Nice work Alf, I love a good reflection and they're all good but I'm with the others, 3 is the one.
No. 3 is superb
#3 for me also although the colours of the last are very appealing as well.

I was sat up on Surprise View at around the same time. Didn’t even take the camera out of the bag as it was dull from up there.
I think no 3 also. So now you know which one to enter into the photo competition !!
yep #3. The balance is superb. Composition, interest, depth, reflection, colours, mood. Perfect.
Nice set. 1 doesn't do much for me personally. 3 is a lovely image but I can't help but notice the halo around the trees - that detracts from the image in my opinion.
Some nice images there! Number three looks great. It would be even better with a polarizing filter to take some of the glare off the water and reveal the foreground a bit more. There's a bit of a halo around the trees. Not sure how to best remove that.
All lovely, but at the risk of sounding repetitive - No3 is the pick of the bunch for me too.
Love them all Alf , I'm a sucker for classy reflections

Thanks all for the comments

Back