Deserted Railroad Stn

I do like the curves and the lines of the track here, but it is as though the image is sloping to the left. The vertical post on the right of shot is straight but the others gradually lean to the left, this is most noticeable in the edge of the white building on the right of shot. The top left hand side of the shot needs dragging upwards to correct the distortion, good shot though George.

I do like the curves and the lines of the track here, but it is as though the image is sloping to the left. The vertical post on the right of shot is straight but the others gradually lean to the left, this is most noticeable in the edge of the white building on the right of shot. The top left hand side of the shot needs dragging upwards to correct the distortion, good shot though George.

Many thanks for that Steve, appreciate your comments.(y)

"Good comments and agree with you completely about the sloping to the left, but decided to go for the right hand post onwards and keep it as is as this is the main part of the subject and by dragging the top left in a bit I would have lost part of the white platform edge line which I wanted to keep".

George.

Last edited:
It would look nice squared up and without the sepia thing, which seems unnecessary.

I agree with the above, sepia tone needs to be lost

I do like the mono treatment and the good handling of the high contrast. But I have to say I find this sort of long shot with overly-extended leading lines a little hackneyed. I think it would be much better to zoom in a bit so the 'interesting' bit in the far distance fills more of the frame. And as far as I can tell, the platform itself looks more interesting further down.

I do like the mono treatment and the good handling of the high contrast. But I have to say I find this sort of long shot with overly-extended leading lines a little hackneyed. I think it would be much better to zoom in a bit so the 'interesting' bit in the far distance fills more of the frame. And as far as I can tell, the platform itself looks more interesting further down.

Thanks Romney, appreciated.(y)

George.

Didn't know we had "Railroads" in Folkestone! How does it look in colour with green grass and decayed wood?

Didn't know we had "Railroads" in Folkestone! How does it look in colour with green grass and decayed wood?

Thanks for stoppin' by and commenting, It looks better to me in toned mono.(y)

"Railroads are everywhere its only a title, and where I originally come from (USA) that's what we call them"

George.

I've taken some shots here in the past but found the range of colours made the images quite messy. Going to have to find them again now and try in monochrome. Thanks for the inspiration.

I've taken some shots here in the past but found the range of colours made the images quite messy. Going to have to find them again now and try in monochrome. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks John, appreciated.(y)

George.

Back