Deutscher Soldatenfriedhof, Cannock Chase

Edit My Images
Yes
The Deutscher Soldatenfriedhof on Cannock Chase is the sole official German military cemetery in the UK, the graves of some 5000 German servicemen are marked by simple granite headstones in a cemetery maintained by the Commenwealth War Graves Commission and their German counterparts.

The first shot doesn't really work in the small size, the focal point being the second headstone. Might post a link to a full version later.

103_8040.jpg

103_8050.jpg

103_8059.jpg

Loving number 3 - being a bit of a novice I wouldn't mind knowing how you achieve that effect (infrared?)...?

Loving number 3 - being a bit of a novice I wouldn't mind knowing how you achieve that effect (infrared?)...?

Yeah, it's IR. The original shot was taken with a Hoya R72 filter on the lens - that gives you a nice pink/purple original, then the white balance was set in RawShooter Pro with the grass being picked as the white point. Finally I did a red <> channel swap in PS to give the dark blue look to the sky etc.

Thanks Peter - although it sounds a little beyond me at the moment!!! I don't have Rawshooter Pro for a start - is that shareware/freeware or does it cost?

RawShooter Pro you have to pay for, although it's no longer available following Adobe's takeover of Pixmantic. I think the free version, RawShooter Essentials may still be available.

Neither is necessary, I use RSP for all my RAW conversions so do the white balance corrections in there, it's perfectly possible to shoot JPEG and get the same effect if your camera allows you to use a custom white balance for the shot.

I like the use of selective colour in #3, and the IR in #3 I think works really well.

Second for me too. I'm a sucker for that kind of shot but have yet to manage it successfully myself!

Back