Devils staircase

That's a stunning picture and busts the myth that clear blue skies aren't great for landscape pictures. Beautiful tranquil mood and delightful in the summer when it's not the deathly brown misery hue.

It's a good spot isn't it - and good in the evening

The river is exceptionally still and I love everything about this picture. The light falls nicely in the evening too but will try this in the morning for sure.

It wasn't so tranquil when the campers were woken by my screaming in pain. I have a badly worn knee and i went over on it, had to sit for ages in agony before using my tripod as a crutch to help me back to the van..lol...I stood for ages but when the light was soft and muted it stopped the reflections being as good but hey if i got the image i want then it would stop me retuning as often..a very nice spot which i only knew was there due to your pics as its hidden from the path by the small hill..Cheers.

Last edited:
Steve this was just as the sun was starting to rise and it will give you an idea of the reflections etc at that time.

First Light by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

I tend to frame it minus the Little Rock’s in the front - your first composition with this ones light [emoji4]

Campers are a pain. Some so pitch around here

Sorry to hear about your knee, it’s my back that gives out a lot

cracking shots Mark where are all your raptor shots ?
your not going soft and doing point and shoot landscape now are you

Nah mate, in the next 2 weeks im targeting Pine Marten, Red Squirrels. In around 5-6 weeks its time to do the Golden Eagles again. Have a trip organised for various birds and raptors the first week of April so still my main thing but love landscapes when i get a chance.

Last edited:
Both gorgeous images. I think without the small rocks is better but both images have beautiful light.

Stunning shot! and super refections and sorry to hear about your knee Ouch!
Cheers, i have private health care but been putting off going but after my trip to see the eagles in October i will get it seen to so all will be food in a few months.

Back