Devon Sunset

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
On my trip to Devon I tried a sunset - The beach at Woolacombe is huge but not that interesting to photograph so this was the best I could come up with although I like the ovedrall colour - It was also frustrating that the sky was virually cloudless & that the sun set at the edge of Lundy instead of behind it :bonk:
Paul ;)
PS - My other mistake was not to bring my tripod - so could have been sharper though the Nikon 18-200mm meant I got something (y)

245257141_e66bc15b0f.jpg

I think thats a good shot given the circumstances..How did you meter for it? I ask as it seems to be pretty spot on in my mind...

I think thats a good shot given the circumstances..How did you meter for it? I ask as it seems to be pretty spot on in my mind...
Pete - thanks for looking in - as far a metering I set the D200 in "S" mode at 1/100th hoping (despite the wind) that I could hand hold the camera steady (the VR on my 18-200mm appears to have helped) - so I just fired away letting the camera work out the aperture (EXIF shows f5.5 @ 105mm) - I did tidy up the image in PSP X - I enjoyed the whole experience (which for me is what its all about - if the pictures are half decent that's a bonus ...)
Paul (y)

I like it. Nice composition, especially the cuddling couple on the right foreground. Bl**dy good shot for off tripod. The only thing I would do is take out the bit of lens flair :) :)

I like it. Nice composition, especially the cuddling couple on the right foreground. Bl**dy good shot for off tripod. The only thing I would do is take out the bit of lens flair :) :)
Cheers WetSparks - I might try to clone that out (unless there's a better way to do it?)
Paul (y)

WetSparks - thanks for that link - CT may be talking in a Photoshop dialect but I will see if I can reproduce this in PSP X - That sunrise you linked to is a beauty btw (makes me wish I'd brought a tripod for my shot :wacky:)
Paul ;)

You'll be pleased to hear that CT is a diehard PSP fan :) So he's likely to be talking PSP (Not sure which version though, I think he is gridgingly using X)

Perhaps CT could chip in here as I could do the first freehand bit but couldn't find the RGB slider he was talking about :help:
Paul (y)

On my trip to Devon I tried a sunset - The beach at Woolacombe is huge but not that interesting to photograph so this was the best I could come up with although I like the ovedrall colour - It was also frustrating that the sky was virually cloudless & that the sun set at the edge of Lundy instead of behind it :bonk:
Paul ;)
PS - My other mistake was not to bring my tripod - so could have been sharper though the Nikon 18-200mm meant I got something (y)

245257141_e66bc15b0f.jpg

Actually, it is very serene to me. The picture will appeal differently to people, its my kind of photo. Its very unlikely that I can get such a sunset in the part I am in right now, but I am glad u have taken me to Devon to witness this sunset.I like it very much!:clap:

Hi Paul,

In CS2, go to Image > Adjustments > Levels. Near the top of the popup there will be a box labeled Channels and in it iwill be the channel RGB. Brop this down and you can select the individual channels of Red, Green or Blue. On the graph screen of the popup there are three sllider tabs. The left one adjusts the 0 point of the colour and the Right one the 256, that is the Darkest point and the Lightest point respectively. The middle one adjusts the gamma of the colour. Have a play with these and ease the colour cast down a little. Then reduce the selected area and repeat above. you will probably have to do this several times to get an even reduction.

The other way is to use the above approach to get a reasonable reduction in the cast and then a gentle clone stamp to finish it off.

Happy PPing :)

WetSparks - Thanks very much but I presume you didn't spot the bit about me using PSP X (?) Marcel suggested CT was a PSP user & I await him dropping by & helping me out ...
Damedem - Glad you like the pic \O/ - I know what you mean about the lack of such subject matter where you are, its not much better here in "Suburbia" & I'm already counting the days to my next trip away ... Paul (y)

opps :withstupid:

I've got a copy of PSP on one of me puters at home, so I'll have a look tonight if CT dont come to the rescue :)

opps :withstupid:

I've got a copy of PSP on one of me puters at home, so I'll have a look tonight if CT dont come to the rescue :)

WetSparks - No probs! - I have had a go myself in PSP X - How does this look now?

248318730_2bbb0e6da4.jpg

Paul (y)

There you go... well done! (y)

I do have PSP X but it's not installed at the moment, I use PSP7 mostly.

For a tiny little flare mark like that you might just as well clone it out but it looks like you got it cracked anyway. ;)

Back