Dewy spider web

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
No
Found it hard to know which part to focus on. This is quite a heavy crop but I just liked the effect. C&C welcome :)

spider_web.jpg

Yep - well spotted and well captured! A Good Animal Abstract!

Point of focus seems to be middle of the image and slightly up and left to me. Hard to say if any other point would have improved it - looks fine I reckon.

Perfect for me - just the right amount of dof & colour in the droplets. Really nice!

That's very nice. Love the hints of colour in the droplets :)

that is really beautiful! nice one (y)

Thought I'd already commented on this. I love it! I'm really on an abstract kick at the moment and I think this ticks the box. Great stuff.

That's beautiful - if I wasn't so terrified of spiders I might go hunting some with a water spray!

ah wow, i really like it - looks like sequins glinting on silk - lovely :)

Yes - nice shot.Like the dark back ground.Did you see the spider ?:runaway:

Really nice - I love how the raindrops change at the edges.

Very nicely done LP ... (y) ... great spot well captured and not a lot wrong with it at all imgo ... :D

:p

Oooh I likey :)
Not what I was expecting from the title. Different angle etc, Well taken.

I like this myself but I dont understand why yours works for me while the several I took myself the other day, didnt... and so deleted them all.
Think youve inspired me to get the water spray back out (y)

Thanks peeps for the comments :love:

I like this myself but I dont understand why yours works for me while the several I took myself the other day, didnt... and so deleted them all.
Think youve inspired me to get the water spray back out (y)

thanks Glo but I believe the term in this case is 'SHEER FLUKE' :LOL::LOL: usually I shoot loads and bin them all but I just got lucky with this one:D Although, I fibbed, it wasn't dew - the hosepipe was out!!;)

PS. Like the new avatar

Very well done LP. :clap:

Hosepipe spray spider web just wouldn't sound the same.

Really liking the colours in the droplets - its almost CD-esque but in droplet form. I have tried and failed so many times to get a "web of droplets" shot that I am happy with :) Congrats!

Do you use manual focus when doing Macro photography?
:)

Like it but I tend to agree with Praxis. I think it would have been even better if the focus was slighty further forward, just my opinion though :)

Do you use manual focus when doing Macro photography?
:)

Yes, usually, I did with this (I think :thinking:). Had a bit of trouble knowing where to focus on the web so I aimed at the middle, then cropped it quite heavily.

Dod and Praxis - I was amazed that it came out as it did - but I do tend to agree with you that perhaps I could've focused more to the front - but I quite like it as it is :)

Back