Did somebody say Spitfire?

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

With some fantastic BoB celebrations up and down the country, I thought I should post a few pictures up, some from Goodwood & some from Duxford :) Comments/crit welcome

1) OK maybe there is a Seafire in here...
Goodwood BoB by Harry Measures, on Flickr

2)
Defence of the Realm by Harry Measures, on Flickr

3)
BBMF by Harry Measures, on Flickr

4)
Duxford BoB Airshow by Harry Measures, on Flickr

5)
A Brace of MkI Spitfires by Harry Measures, on Flickr

6)

7)

8)

Thanks for looking :)

Harry

Nice stuff… must have been a noisy location!

Ooooo nice, some great images. Like number 2 the best, no wait err 3, no 4..... Mmmm maybe 5

That's a cracking set Harry, like them all :) two tiny dust specs in 4 which isn't a big thing

Lovely set of pictures. Particularly drawn to nos 4,6, & 7.

No 8 looks like a scene from the film 'Battle Of Britain'

Lovely pictures, bit hard to pick a favourite

I was at the Duxford airshow on Sunday, I meant to take far more pictures than I did, but ended up lowering the camera and just watching (& listening)

Lovely set, it's hard to find a bad angle for a spitfire. I love the last one, great capture and must have been some sight!

I too, really appreciate the last picture - quite a sight, good capture and well-framed - even the clouds in the background seem to have co-operated with you.

Nice stuff… must have been a noisy location!

Yes it's noisy, but I won't be writing any letters of complaint lol!

Ooooo nice, some great images. Like number 2 the best, no wait err 3, no 4..... Mmmm maybe 5

That's a cracking set Harry, like them all :) two tiny dust specs in 4 which isn't a big thing

Cheers for pointing them out - new (to me) camera so I've not learnt the 'usual suspects'!

Lovely set of pictures. Particularly drawn to nos 4,6, & 7.

No 8 looks like a scene from the film 'Battle Of Britain'

Thank you. Got to say 7 is my favourite from the day, I just like the shadow thrown by the wings.

Love no 3, although they're all good

Thank you.

Lovely pictures, bit hard to pick a favourite

I was at the Duxford airshow on Sunday, I meant to take far more pictures than I did, but ended up lowering the camera and just watching (& listening)

Cheers - sometimes that's the only way to do it, you loose so much staring though a gloomy viewfinder.

Lovely set, it's hard to find a bad angle for a spitfire. I love the last one, great capture and must have been some sight!

Thanks, accidentally left my CPL on for the last one, seems to have worked in my favour...

I too, really appreciate the last picture - quite a sight, good capture and well-framed - even the clouds in the background seem to have co-operated with you.

Harry.

Love image 3.... Could almost be taken when goodwood was an RAF airbase in 1940.... Some cool photos though! My grandad was a spitfire engineer based in Rangoon, Burma so it's close to my heart seeing these.

Would live to see 2 in colour (although not a great fan of the clipped wing spits) but 3 wins hands down. Beautiful.

Still as iconic an aircraft today as it was during the battle of Britain (although apparently the Hurricane scored more kills).

Love No 2, looks like a scene from the Battle of Britain film where they screamed "3 section SCRAMBLE !"

Cracking series of shots 1,2 & 3 for me(all good though). Looks like the light was really good. As for the noise I bet it was awesome, all those purring Merlins.

I managed to bag a spot at the end of the strip where they were doing a low level high speed fly past and the noise was unreal! 3 spitfires of full chat with the Merlins whining away was worth the drive alone!

Boy oh boy, what a great set of images!

Back