Diesel on the East Lancs.

W

whiteflyer

Not all steam locomotive on the ERL .

IMG_3654.jpg

Sometimes there are no trains at all.

IMG_3639.jpg

The guard flags the train away (taken in VERY harsh light)

IMG_3638.jpg

I really like these, it's very hard for me to pick a favourite, but I think the first one just has the edge. Really nice set (y)

Shame we don't have sound....nothing to beat a Deltic under power....Summerseat?

Andy

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Andy, yes this is just coming out of Summerseat.

Yes, certainly...! t'was one of those times when one first sees an image, and one thinks... yes, oh yes... certainly... :)

The first two are excellent, very captivating indeed. Great pics whiteflyer.

Thanks again to 45689ajax, theMusicMan and lozza

All your nice comment are really encouraging to me.

Mark

The Deltic would've been nicer with a closer crop I think. To me trains have faces and the Deltic is quite out of proportion so filling the frame would've made it look intersting.

It's still a nice shot though and one which I appreciate you sharing :)

The Deltic would've been nicer with a closer crop I think. To me trains have faces and the Deltic is quite out of proportion so filling the frame would've made it look intersting.

It's still a nice shot though and one which I appreciate you sharing :)

The trees seem to frame the loco and coaches though, so in my opinion, its a case of trying to find the happy medium between framing the shot and getting the look of power from the loco.

I never realised any of the old diesels were quite so photogenic. That's a good looking train in a good looking shot. Get a thumbsup from me too. And no need to crop.

The empty track is doing nothing for me though. Soz.

Thanks for more comments guys :)

Same train as it got a little closer to me and a tighter crop.

deltic2.jpg

Back