Differences Olympus OM-D M10 Mk 111

Name
Lennard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi New Camera, see Title, I have the Camera set to Raw + JPG for comparison.

I noticed that the Field of View is different between Raw and JPG, why?

Sorry about the low quality of the JPG image.

P9030051 jpg.JPG
P9030051 Raw.jpg

I don't get this !!! the jpeg has obviously had some sort of correction done on it, as if you look at the houses on the left of frame they are vertical whereas in the raw file they are not. I am not aware of any in camera correction of 'keystone' effect, so that only leaves a raw image with massive 'pincushion' distortion that has somehow been corrected on the jpeg. My understanding was that even the raw file was corrected in camera. Unless the raw file is from a converter which doesn't apply corrections such as Raw Therapee.

IIRC - The ORF file is basically a dump of everything the sensor saw, crops and lens profiles are stored in the file but not applied to the data.

If you've applied a 1:1 or 16:9 crop then the EVF and screen will show you that aspect ratio but the sensor is always seeing 4:3.
Olympus Workspace and Lightroom both respect the crop when you import but you have the rest of the 4:3 image available if you want to recompose.

The Micro 4/3rds specification carries the lens distortion characteristics in the ORF file so processing software should automatically correct the image for pin cushion or barrel distortion.
Not sure what program the OP has used to convert the image that hasn't applied that?

Back