Different colors, contrast between Lightroom / Irfan View, although the same color space

AndyRal123

Suspended / Banned
Name
AndyRal
Edit My Images
No
Hello,

❎ I have a problem:

Contrast in Lightroom and Irfan View do not match.

Photo after export has less contrast. Colors are muted, not so vibrant.

✔ I checked:

- the same color space in Irfan View and Lightroom - sRGB

- exporting from Lightroom in sRGB, 3000px / 300dpi

- soft proofing in lightroom is OFF

- 1:1 preview in lightroom is build

I checked - photo looks the same in google chrome - less contrast , muted comparing to lightroom.

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?

I appreciate any help.

Best regards

Andy

Attachments

• dif.jpg
    dif.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 29
To be honest, I don’t see any difference.

Hey ecoleman,

Thanks for a reply.
Please take a close look for example at her face - in lightroom it is lighter and has more contrast and vibrance.
Also look at general at exported photo - it has strange dark circles - maybe from the lens+super hi ISO, but they appear due to lower contrast after export also.
Look at the arm chair in the left down corner, so close to frame that it's touching the frame - in irfan view we can see it more clearly than in lightroom, we can distinguish it from back ground. In lightroom it is one big black space. That is because after export the image has less contrast.

We can clearly see it.
Regards

Last edited:
A jpg is never going to look exactly the same as a raw file.
Hello redsnappa :)

Thanks for reply.
Yeah, but there should be a way to counteract this situation, to have the same image view in lightroom comparing to how it looks after export. This situation is mostly seen in images with extra high iso - after export shadows become lighter, and there is overall less contrast.

Regards ,
Andy :)

Back