Digital Wedding Albums - any ideas?

Name
Gillian
Edit My Images
Yes
Up until now, I have been using the traditional hand made albums through Spicer Hallfield and been pleased with the results. As the style of some of my weddings booked for this year are in-formal, I was thinking of offering a digital album and wanted to know which design do you use and why? A couple of examples or linkys would be great.

It all looks too tricky to me:shrug:

Gilly

With Focus only a couple of weeks away why not get down there to see what's available.

I think Loxley Colour in Glasgow offer a service as I believe do Colorworld in Newcastle

Give 'em a ring

The Bellissimo Albums that LoxleyColour do are very nice.

Although I do think the GraphiStudio Wedding Book is slightly better - I'd even say the ultimate in digital wedding album design. It's a really stunning book - although pretty expensive.

Thanks Guys. As I am at work, I am unable to view the linky Marky h. I am booked to go to Focus on Sunday 24th and planning on meeting with some togs from TP. It was my intention to have a look at some labs that supply digital album software. I just wanted a head start from any of you guys so I can research a bit and then narrow down which stand to head for at Focus.

Loxley are going I believe so make sure you give them a visit. their service is superb.

Both Loxley and Colorworld will be at Focus

Spicer Hallfield Montage software and Glogious Books albums are brilliant. The software will also design Spicers matted albums and has a photo frame feature where your customers can view there portraits framed on the computer before buying.

The Bellissimo Albums that LoxleyColour do are very nice.

Although I do think the GraphiStudio Wedding Book is slightly better - I'd even say the ultimate in digital wedding album design. It's a really stunning book - although pretty expensive.

We've got a GraphiStudio Wedding Book from our own wedding back in June 07. It's absolutely stunning. Yes expensive, but a very valuable memory of our day

I was in the same boat a few years ago and started making Vision Art Books and it was the single greatest boost to my photography bussness. The books sold the jobs for me from then on.

Jim Thatcher

I can't speak for Gilly obviously but I went to Focus with the specific intention of finding a reliable supplier for my albums/books. I must say the quality and price varied greatly - some very very tacky and very expensive, others oozed quality and in the end I narrowed it down to two suppliers.

One of those was Loxley Colour in Glasgow and first off I was treated well by the staff on the stand, I spoke to the Business Development Manager who was helpful and answered all my questions (and there were many :D) with patience and good humour. When I got back from the show I downloaded their ROES system as I wanted to put a sample album together which I uploaded Tuesday lunchtime. I put in a request asking if it could be done by the weekend as I had a prospective client to see but I didn't hold out much hope - imagine my surprise when it turned up on Friday.

I ordered one with an acrylic cover and the quality was excellent - so much so that it swayed the couple at the weekend and they booked their wedding. I also had another couple pop by last night to pick up a print and when they saw the sample album they ordered one as well - and this from a wedding over six months ago!

The Loxley Roes system is reasonably intuitive but there is no help button, however you can ring their customer service and the staff there are very knowledgable and helpful. There are many standard templates for the various album sizes and you can make your own custom ones as well although I haven't done this yet. At present they do not offer a gloss or metallic finish in the albums but this is apparently coming soon along with other customisable features.

All in all a big thumbs up for Loxley from me - their customer service is excellent which is a big plus in my book and the product is excellent and competitively priced.

Thanks for that great review :) I'll give that a look.
If anyone else is about there's a Bristol Wedding fair this sunday...I'm thinking of popping along with the specific intention of seeing whats what with albums. I'll have a look to see if Loxley are there and get a hands-on with what they have...thanks again :D

I can't speak for Gilly obviously but I went to Focus with the specific intention of finding a reliable supplier for my albums/books. I must say the quality and price varied greatly - some very very tacky and very expensive, others oozed quality and in the end I narrowed it down to two suppliers.

One of those was Loxley Colour in Glasgow and first off I was treated well by the staff on the stand, I spoke to the Business Development Manager who was helpful and answered all my questions (and there were many :D) with patience and good humour. When I got back from the show I downloaded their ROES system as I wanted to put a sample album together which I uploaded Tuesday lunchtime. I put in a request asking if it could be done by the weekend as I had a prospective client to see but I didn't hold out much hope - imagine my surprise when it turned up on Friday.

I ordered one with an acrylic cover and the quality was excellent - so much so that it swayed the couple at the weekend and they booked their wedding. I also had another couple pop by last night to pick up a print and when they saw the sample album they ordered one as well - and this from a wedding over six months ago!

The Loxley Roes system is reasonably intuitive but there is no help button, however you can ring their customer service and the staff there are very knowledgable and helpful. There are many standard templates for the various album sizes and you can make your own custom ones as well although I haven't done this yet. At present they do not offer a gloss or metallic finish in the albums but this is apparently coming soon along with other customisable features.

All in all a big thumbs up for Loxley from me - their customer service is excellent which is a big plus in my book and the product is excellent and competitively priced.

I've been using Loxley for prints and frames for some time. Excellent products and service. Their Bellissimo albums are very beautiful although I've not had a client order one yet.

right, dragged the g/f along to wander around the wedding fair...wasn't all that big and only 4 photographers turned up but I got a chance to see what sort of packages are available + prices etc despite the slightly false pretenses when approaching the photographers. 3 were 'older' gents and one was quite a young chap - different styles but good to see what fitted in what type of album/presentation format ...also embarrassed the g/f sufficiently each time we got asked 'when the big day is'...we scarpered pretty sharpish after seen the 'togs even though we kept getting car hire and various cake samples thrust at us! think I still owe her :D was helpful though

so what I found; Jorgensen albums are very nice - emailed them and got a catalogue emailed, and liked the graphistudio books too - waiting for a catalogue if they do one...the idea of the mini-books I think are great. discovered a third by the name of Queensbury - in NZ, still waiting response to my enquirey. I also got through the post today a catalogue from Loxley...(who do do the mini-books). think you can get sample packs made up which would be good for showing prospective couples - is this something most wedding photographers do?

so much to choose from now! cheers for help people...just need to choose!

Back