by Cobra, on Flickr

Well its not in here!

by Cobra, on Flickr

Found it!

by Cobra, on Flickr

Last edited:
Getting better :clap:
I'll get one of those "GB" stickers for the my car then
(that's what they stand for isn't it? :D )

Cheers Roger, (y) its certainly not that easy is it?

They always do a runner if I try to get close! :(
I've got quite a large Lavender hedge in my garden, I just stand around and make a noise like wounded pollen and they come to me (y)
:D

I wish they would find 'it' in my location. They are always buzzing around my garden flowers.

Did you use a flash please?
Indeed Simon, I usually do, this time it was the Canon 580 EX II with a basic defuser.
Sometimes its the MR-14EX Ring flash, and TBH I don't see much difference in the results,
The 580, maybe just a tad harsher though.

Yeah, makes sense, shows so much more detail. I've looked at vids on Youtube where they make homemade difussers from Pringle cans but they looked cumbersome. Have to investigate more.

Have you seen THIS THREAD ? there are all sorts of ingenious adaptions

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread with my images but a fly has decided to start sitting on the top of my Mac. I set a flash up behind the Mac and waited. Far from a great shot but it really shows the difference a flash makes, thanks. :D(y)fly.jpg

Get you with your bugs in flight shots! I like the first the most though - caption made me laugh :)

Yeah, makes sense, shows so much more detail. I've looked at vids on Youtube where they make homemade difussers from Pringle cans but they looked cumbersome. Have to investigate more.

The pringle diffuser I made is not cumbersome at all - very lightweight tbh.

T

It works well Fi?

I think so - mine is a bit squished as has been stuffed in a cupboard for a while but it is still pretty effective. If you have a look at my two most recent posts in this forum then you can see some example shots. Tbh you've not got a lot to lose by giving it a try. If nothing else you get to eat the pringles :)

dilly dilly is maybe a song??The rest is flying about a zillion miles over me ruddy 'ead though chris ........like most stuff does actually:). Mate don't tell us yet spin the
fun for the others
Oh crikey:rolleyes: nearly forgot the crit.......................... I like the fluffy one's.:cool:

do tell me later bro I can't make the connection but like to smile:p

stu

dilly dilly is maybe a song??The rest is flying about a zillion miles over me ruddy 'ead though chris ........like most stuff does actually:). Mate don't tell us yet spin the
fun for the others
Oh crikey:rolleyes: nearly forgot the crit.......................... I like the fluffy one's.:cool:

do tell me later bro I can't make the connection but like to smile:p

stu
Thanks for dropping by Stu (y)
Yes it is a song I spilled the beans further up the post :)

Lavenders blue ... dilly dilly ♪♪♪

( some will get that some won't ;) )

Are you sure its in here?

by Cobra, on Flickr

Well its not in here!

by Cobra, on Flickr

Found it!

by Cobra, on Flickr
They're all great shots, but the detail in #3 is superb.
Getting an urge to have a go myself, but I've had macro lenses, 2 raynox's etc in the past but sold them all due to lack of use.
I did buy a set of extension tubes on here a few weeks ago, but haven't tried them yet. :)

Back