Dinorwig Quarry

Edit My Images
Yes
Went out to test the back after my operation i had a week ago. i had to take if slow as ive still got my stitches in. so far so good. i only managed 4 hours before the aches started as its the first energetic movements ive been able to do in months.

Ive never been here and wish i could have spent more time there and im looking to go back as it looks like its my type of place. q

just the two images as the light was so harsh.

Danny

Dinorwig Tree by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

backlit fern by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

the light was so harsh.

Not always a negative point while image hunting, Danny!

I love the first for the separation and the composition in
the second… both good renditions. (y)(y)(y)

For vertical frames, did you explore going 3:4 ratio?

Not always a negative point while image hunting, Danny!

I love the first for the separation and the composition in
the second… both good renditions. (y)(y)(y)

For vertical frames, did you explore going 3:4 ratio?

Thanks Kodiak

no but i will remember that for next time.

Nice and vibrant there Danny, looks like you picked a good place to test the back :). I hope it was all ok

Nice and vibrant there Danny, looks like you picked a good place to test the back :). I hope it was all ok

Cheers Paul.

i only managed to go up 2 levels, every time i go back im going to aim to go one higher. but yeah it held out pretty good.

Cheers Paul.

i only managed to go up 2 levels, every time i go back im going to aim to go one higher. but yeah it held out pretty good.

I'm there next month for the first time, so may see you about. Worth taking it easy and getting yourself fit as after watching @gregww1 vlog, it looks a tough challenge with a dodgy back.

I'm there next month for the first time, so may see you about. Worth taking it easy and getting yourself fit as after watching @gregww1 vlog, it looks a tough challenge with a dodgy back.

It was Greg's vlogs that inspired me to go there. drop me a message if you fancy some company or could just meet up after a few hours.

Two very nice shots Sir, liking both of these very much.(y)

George.

It was Greg's vlogs that inspired me to go there. drop me a message if you fancy some company or could just meet up after a few hours.

Will do.
I see you on F/B posting many images as well. You seem well travelled at the moment.

Thanks both. For anyone else interested, these are the two vlogs...

Danny - while you're recovering, you might consider going in from the top (I assume you went in from the slate museum at the bottom). Drive through Dinorwic to the roadend at Bus stop (there's a bus turning circle where you can park) walk on down the road past Blue Peris and then you can either keep on descending a track to old quarrymen's cottages or take the track right that contours above Vivian quarry, immediately past which there's an entry into the top levels. Contact me if you want more details/help etc (I live 15 mins drive away). PS common to see feral goats there too.

Danny - while you're recovering, you might consider going in from the top (I assume you went in from the slate museum at the bottom). Drive through Dinorwic to the roadend at Bus stop (there's a bus turning circle where you can park) walk on down the road past Blue Peris and then you can either keep on descending a track to old quarrymen's cottages or take the track right that contours above Vivian quarry, immediately past which there's an entry into the top levels. Contact me if you want more details/help etc (I live 15 mins drive away). PS common to see feral goats there too.

Thanks John, i parked at the bus station and just hovered around that level above the pit for a while. id love to find more tunnels and wet patch's of slate. i found the slate extremely dry and not very interesting.

Just back from 5 hours in there.
Bus stop bus best place to park. Then you can go down to Anglesea area or up towards Australia.
If there's going to be a meet I wouldn't mind going again.

Back