Dinorwig Quarry

sirch

Official Forum Numpty 2015
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I've ummed and erred a while about commenting, they are both well seen and the first is so nearly there, the light is not quite making it but I really like the composition.

OP
justyn_c_uk
Name
Justyn
Edit My Images
Yes
I've ummed and erred a while about commenting, they are both well seen and the first is so nearly there, the light is not quite making it but I really like the composition.
Unfortunately the light is what it wants to be. However I have a few versions so I’ll look at a blender version over the coming weeks

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
To me it looks like you lifted the shadows too much

OP
justyn_c_uk
Name
Justyn
Edit My Images
Yes
Interesting, in truth this was a bit of a rough edit and I was trying a slightly different style, I need to do a more measured edit. It was my E-m1 mike & the 12-100mm. Incidentally have you been past Loweswater, Crummock & Buttermere recently, only ask as I'm up next weekend and was wondering what the colours were like?

I added some contrast but from a RAW file I may add more
Was this shot on your OMD?

Not my shot 2020 13 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Interesting, in truth this was a bit of a rough edit and I was trying a slightly different style, I need to do a more measured edit. It was my E-m1 mike & the 12-100mm. Incidentally have you been past Loweswater, Crummock & Buttermere recently, only ask as I'm up next weekend and was wondering what the colours were like?
Justyn
Yeah I was out past Loweswater Crummock Buttermere and Derwent water on Thursday the colours are looking good.

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
[Censored]
Edit My Images
No
Two fine exposures. I think I prefer second one mainly due to subject matter.

I added some contrast but from a RAW file I may add more
Was this shot on your OMD?

Not my shot 2020 13 by Alf Branch, on Flickr
I find this is a little more natural take and what I would do by default but would say the original is acceptable as an artistic choice and may very well suit the subject.