Dipper

Really nice Russ. He also looks as he came pretty close to you as well.

Thanks for all responses fellas, much appreciated :)
..... what has gone on with the background? Seems really spotty if you see what I mean? IQ isn't the best either IMHO, large crop?
Joe, I hadn't noticed the spotty bg - not quite sure what has happened there :thinking: - it is a large crop and taken in gloomy conditions at ISO 1000, so I attempted to lift the bg a little in pp work (maybe that explains it).

Russ

Thanks for all responses fellas, much appreciated :)

Joe, I hadn't noticed the spotty bg - not quite sure what has happened there :thinking: - it is a large crop and taken in gloomy conditions at ISO 1000, so I attempted to lift the bg a little in pp work (maybe that explains it).

Russ

Certainly has come out slightly weirdly, might be worth using the content aware tool on photoshop should help cover it up :)

Maybe the spotty bg is a result of the auto mask tool being enabled (assuming you used the adjustment brush)?

Dave - you've got it! "The auto mask" tool is enabled whenever I use the Adjustment Brush in LR5. I have never disabled it for as long as I've been using LR - I must read up on it to see what it does. Thanks for the advice :)

Russ
Glad to help. The auto mask is a handy tool but not too good when brushing over on textures and similar stuff.

Back