Discarded (1)

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
Just a simple landscape type Snapograph taken a time or two ago at Dungeness Romney Marsh Kent UK of an old winch mechanism that was used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach and an old fisherman's hut. These are just two of the many things scattered about the beach that have just been Discarded & left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the rust & decay etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

RX10M4, 1/680th @ F5.6, ISO-100, Tripod.
Discarded (1)-03507 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Nice shot, tells a story of times gone past and IMHO you have captured that history :)

Nice shot, tells a story of times gone past and IMHO you have captured that history :)

Thank you kindly Steve, I sure do appreciate your reply.

I also enjoyed a day there in 2018 when I was in that area. Plenty to photograph. Interesting that it is all private land but I did check before hand and it is OK for amateur photographers but there is a significant fee for professionals. I know they check as well but I was not disturbed at all though I do carry a FIAP card which indicates that I am an amateur.

Most of the sheds have all but disappeared now though still plenty of winding gear, old engines and boats. The old Church at Fairfield Romney is also Worth a visit as is the Fishing hut at Rye. I had been aware of this area for many years but the chance arose because my wife was attending a conference in Brighton. Fortunately the weather was fine and sunny though a storm would also have been OK.

Dave

I also enjoyed a day there in 2018 when I was in that area. Plenty to photograph. Interesting that it is all private land but I did check before hand and it is OK for amateur photographers but there is a significant fee for professionals. I know they check as well but I was not disturbed at all though I do carry a FIAP card which indicates that I am an amateur.

Most of the sheds have all but disappeared now though still plenty of winding gear, old engines and boats. The old Church at Fairfield Romney is also Worth a visit as is the Fishing hut at Rye. I had been aware of this area for many years but the chance arose because my wife was attending a conference in Brighton. Fortunately the weather was fine and sunny though a storm would also have been OK.

Dave

Thank you kindly Dave, I sure do appreciate your reply.

"I do actually have one of the cottages at Dungeness that I let out and use myself if I want some solitude so naturally know the area very well. And its a coincidence that you mention "Fairfied Church" as my house in the UK (I'm from the USA) is walking distance from that church if I cut across the local fields" :)

George.

Last edited:
Love it, George. Enjoying the PP on this one. Bet that shot would also be great with an old world PP, too..

Thank you Dunc, appreciate your reply.

Back