Disney - Princess Merida

Very nicely prepared & posed model, nice setting & use of colour, and nice composition and treatment.

That is very nice. As well as the processing I love the way she 'pops' and the direction she is looking in

Saw the original business thread on this. Surprised that they would let you share the images but glad they did - really impressive work.

Would be interested to see the SOOC shot but I guess that's a no-no?

Love this shot. Can only echo above comments about the pose, processing and lighting. Would love to see some more from the series.

That is a stunning image, are you able to share your lighting technique for this please?

It was all just natural light on an horrible, drizzly, grey and overcast day. I wasn't allowed to use any lighting equipment...

It was all just natural light on an horrible, drizzly, grey and overcast day. I wasn't allowed to use any lighting equipment...

Then you must have spent a fair amount of time in PP to end up with the result you did I'm guessing?

They wanted the pics to be very simple, quickly shot looking editorial images. Upsetting to have such an opportunity, but to be then held back.

I can imagine,especially in light of the amount of PP you've had to do

I can imagine,especially in light of the amount of PP you've had to do

The client wanted the best pictures chosen, edited and delivered the same day as the shoot so I didn't have time for this level of PP. I had to process 50+ pics in a very simple and consistent manner and send them over asap.

These pictures have been done for myself to demonstrate what I could have done given more time.

The client wanted the best pictures chosen, edited and delivered the same day as the shoot so I didn't have time for this level of PP. I had to process 50+ pics in a very simple and consistent manner and send them over asap.

These pictures have been done for myself to demonstrate what I could have done given more time.

Out of interest, do you know if they were getting someone else to do further PP on your shots? Have you seen how they have been used?

Good god, that's terrible. You'd think that sort of company would have someone other than a colour blind chimp to do this sort of thing.

The model looks much more pleasing to the eye in your shots too ;)

Gutted to see what someone else has done to your image, bet you were too!!. Great job on the one you've posted on here and nice to see a sensible use of PP rTher than a lot of OTT stuff that is done nowadays.

Back