weekly dmb's 52 of 2017 ( Wk 52 - Weather) - Made it to end :-)

Hmmm, nicely shot. I couldn't find any iron filings, so you've saved me a job there and back to the drawing board I go....

Well, there goes my idea... I've just ordered magnets and iron filings from amazon...

Great photo and nicely processed, although you seem to have put the same side of the magnets together :)

Great idea and practical demonstration of magnetic fields.
I think I would be a little nervous about having those little blighters and my camera in the same room.
B&W processing certainly suits it. :)

'Used to be a science teacher' Glad you explained that cos I was wondering who had magnets and iron filings at hand so quickly :eek:

Reminds me of physics lessons 50 years ago when I was fascinated by the spread of the iron filings.

'Used to be a science teacher' Glad you explained that cos I was wondering who had magnets and iron filings at hand so quickly :eek:

Reminds me of physics lessons 50 years ago when I was fascinated by the spread of the iron filings.
... but that was 35 years ago. [emoji15]

Clarification. The camera and its waterproof bag covering are in the washing machine looking out. Through the round window you can see our backdoor and catflap and the blue thing is the laundry basket.

Very original idea! I like the view from inside the washing machine.

Week 12 - Power

Half Power
by David M Bloor, on Flickr

and apologies to my friend Steve from Ohio who works for Energizer, I tried cutting one of your batteries in half and gave up, too tough, so used a cheap Chinese zinc carbon one ..

Last edited:
Yes, it's on theme, but I'm afraid it doesn't work for me. It's a bit lacking of a focal point.

Week 13 - Above

Above the water
by David M Bloor, on Flickr

Taken on mini Film and Conventional Meet-up, Etruria Industrial Museum with @simon ess

Canon Eos 5, 22-55mm lens (at 22mm) - Ilford Delta 400 developed using rotary Jobo in ID11 1+1 at 20C for 12 mins.

Last edited:
Above is great. You can feel the motion of that water slipping through the gate.

I also really like attractive. I had a similar idea, but not enough time and no filings or magents :|

I like your take on 'above', great PoV and lots of details.

Above is interesting with good detail ... but the retched sun is sometimes not needed.

Spot on and I love the hard-core photographic reference , takes me back, I've not been in a dark room for decades

What an excellent idea for the theme :clap: that's why I like the 52,'s it's good to see how everyone interprets the word. It reminds me of when my Dad used to spend hours in his little dark room producing very grainy black and white photos. I daresay things have improved in leaps and bounds since then.

Back