weekly dmb's 52 of 2017 ( Wk 52 - Weather) - Made it to end :-)

dmb

Edit My Images
No
Click this link for everybody else's pictures

The links below go to my weekly pictures

Last edited:
Good luck David... I'll be watching you... :)

Our thememeister has been known to lie in, wake up in Norfolk ...... :eek: ... or just do general control-freakiness. But we love him all the more. :cobra:

So just checking I remember how to do this. I'll start with Wk -2 - 15/12/16 Out and About

ft2
by David M Bloor, on Flickr

Me 'Out and About' testing a Nikkormat FT2 that I purchased this morning on a Street Market in Newcastle-under-Lyme for £5.

Added for clarity (Taken on FP4+ rated as ISO 125. I recall this was at full aperture, f /2, and from the position of the shutter speed dial that is 1/15th. It was close to sunset and this is my reflection in my car vanity mirror. Dev'd in homebrew Parodinol 1+25 for 9 mins.)

Last edited:
Blimey .. what a bargain for £5 - definitely worth getting Out & About for that.

Fair play adding real film to the 52.
That would be a scary idea, doing the 52 in film (and quite expensive too I guess).
Quite a clever idea, taking the shot in a car vanity mirror, it adds an almost vintage looking frame to it.

Spot on for the theme David - great splash of frame-filling colour.

Yep, that works very well, great colours, great DoF...

Week 0 (Song Title/Lyric)
Poverty Knock - Folk song about weaving trade. See youtu.be/a833Rx8-kX8

Poverty Knock

Thank goodness for handrails in National Trust exhibits - need them when you have to handhold for 1/4 second. Taken at Quarry Bank Mill, Styal.

Last edited:
Week 0 (Song Title/Lyric)
Poverty Knock - Folk song about weaving trade. See youtu.be/a833Rx8-kX8

Poverty Knock

Thank goodness for handrails in National Trust exhibits - need them when you have to handhold for 1/4 second. Taken at Quarry Bank Mill, Styal.

Great photo David.. you do have steady hands... love the video too... thanks for the linky... but then again.. you know how much I love folk music ;)

Nicely captured, good details with light and focus on the shuttle which is very appropriate for the song that I haven't heard for years

Lovely piece of equipment to go with the song David ... lots of detail for the eye to wander and take in

Last edited:
Doesn't quite work for me, I'm afraid. I find it a bit too busy, maybe you should have isolated the shuttle with an even shallower depth of field?

I like the warm colour tones of the picture and the detail of the machine and the shuttle

Doesn't quite work for me, I'm afraid. I find it a bit too busy, maybe you should have isolated the shuttle with an even shallower depth of field?
Options limited by max aperture of walk-around lens (f5.6 at 55mm) and the barrier between walkway and operating machine. Given the opportunity I'd be right next to that machine with my nifty fifty for even more shots.

Back