weekly dmb's 52 of 2017 ( Wk 52 - Weather) - Made it to end :-)

really liking your Agriculture shot, simple but such rich colour ... when green turns golden.

... not sure everyone gets the religious implications of the Graceful word so well done on that.

Last edited:
The knife doesnt work, bu the rest of the pic is spot on. I dont mind the spoon.

Tricky one about the knife, if it wasn't there, there would be to much empty space. I do like the photo as a whole, good colours in the drink and a nice neutral background.

Long time since I commented so a few comments on some of the pictures I missed. Numbers an interesting selection good spot,
and I love the pattern of the iron filings for attractive, an interesting selection of close ups that take a bit of thinking about and some
fun shots like architecture, progress and face. I like the blue and white for the grace shot. And finaly fruit I think I would prefer with out the knife
but it is a good shot as is, I like the choice of a clear mug

... really good idea but very shallow dof and perhaps a bit tight in the frame.

Week 31 - Piece

A quick one for this week while I try to find a pair of swimming trunks that are not too big. (I've been forbidden from taking my 40 year old Speedos that fit again now).

a_payce_n_a_kipa_tai

by David M Bloor, on Flickr

Week 31 of 52 for 2017 - Piece

In the 'Black Country', a way south of me, 'a piece' (a payce) is a slice of bread with jam or dripping. That and a cup of tea (kipa tai) makes for a classy repast with our North Staffordshire crockery.

It looks like Portmerion pottery from North Wales, nice piece of toast.:) I like toast.

It looks like Portmerion pottery from North Wales, nice piece of toast.:) I like toast.
The designer and name of the pottery were from North Wales but the factory is still in North Staffs. Just healthy wholemeal bread, untoasted.

Last edited:
That's a good strong brew there David...and nice to see pieces of pottery from my old stamping ground too :)
Would kill for a good strong cuppa at the moment, 37C and only puny Lipton's tea to be had on Lesvos, so it will have to be another bottle of wine.

Attachments

• Ouzo%20at%20Molly's%20Bar%20-%20Contrast.jpg
    Ouzo%20at%20Molly's%20Bar%20-%20Contrast.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi David,
Fruit - I'm going to agree with Dom, remove the knife and you end up with too much dead space, so I say keep it.
Vehicle - Well, it's a bit of a shoe horn, but wow, those are some special colours. I don't tend to like insect shots, but that one, well... (y)
Piece - Nice story and good choice to resist going with a shallow DoF
Contrast - Sorry, this one doesn't work for me, but I bet you enjoyed getting it.

Hi David,

Contrast - Sorry, this one doesn't work for me, but I bet you enjoyed getting it.

Must admit I'm not too sure about it for the theme, but as Tim says you no doubt enjoyed composing that one :)

Thanks for comments - and yes it was an enjoyable evening and I remember most of it. When I got back and looked at what I'd attached on a PC with calibrated screen I realised my tablet (that I edited on in Greece) has very high contrast screen. I've run this through GIMP and tweaked levels to give what I thought I'd posted (if that makes sense). Anyway I like it better than what I saw on my PC screen this morning.

Last edited:
Yes the table setting is kinda quaint.

contrast ... not sure but I think you promised us something Ouzo and Grecian and this is erm ... different. o_O

That little bit of green light really adds something, without it this would be a little boring.
You could also have used this for this week's theme (curves), you'll just have to go and think of something else.

Curves - really like this shot and well spotted curves! I like the composition with the head bottom left and the curve ending nicely on the thirds. Well seen.

Back