weekly dmb's 52 of 2017 ( Wk 52 - Weather) - Made it to end :-)

Nicely colourfull plate of juicyness, but you can still detect a small of harshness from the flash.....which is why I binned off my fruity pics for this theme.....
The hint of flash seems to sterilise the image if that makes sense ?

Nicely colourfull plate of juicyness, but you can still detect a small of harshness from the flash.....which is why I binned off my fruity pics for this theme.....
The hint of flash seems to sterilise the image if that makes sense ?
No flash. 1.6 second exposure by a small lamp.

Juicy
Lots of juicy fruit, it works well and does exactly what it's meant to. Like the background too.

Nice take on the theme there David, a very slight crop off the top to remove that bit of bg.
Eagle eyes. That from a slight straighten after first crop. Gets out black Sharpie or perhaps the scissors.

Last edited:
Hmmm ... not sure what to make of Broad o_O

Rustic ... I have something vaguely similar in mind .... Ah Le Rustique ... doubly Rustic. :)

Hmmm ... not sure what to make of Broad o_O
I could turn the picture landscape, but the film gate is as long as it is broad. (and the Mamiya C220 is a big beast to hold sideways)

Broad is an interesting take on the theme, perhaps feels a but cramped given the theme.

Rustic is nicely composed and looks yummy

Hi David,

Broad - Ah, had to read the explanation for context. Quite like that, especially the way that the casing of the film seems to have film grain (I guess it's the texture) which is very apt.
Rustic - Saw that in Tesco and contemplated something similar, but I think you've pulled this off far better than I would have.

That's a very fitting and appetising set of menu items for Rustic, David, and the pattern of the cloth strongly suggests an open-air, rustic picnic. (y)

I had to read the explanation for Broad but that's a clever interpretation of the theme - I would take just a tad off the top, too - and Build is an interesting image in its own right and doubly interesting as a photographer. I wouldn't be brave enough to take one of my lenses apart so it's fascinating to see all the inner bits and bobs! Finally, the third and final edit of Remote works really well; lots of details, colours and textures in a huge scene.

Festive
Look at the concentration, are they festive finger nails as well.

That's dedication painting a cake, what was the finished article like

It's going to look a lot better than ours, good subject for the theme

Good choice to illustrate the theme, nice even distribution of the snow flakes in the globe and good lighting retaining the details.

Weather is a touch. :)

Love the Festive cake art. :clap: But I feel it really does need cropping at the top, just on or above her ear to lose BG distractions, and draw the eye.

Rustic - really sums up the feel of the theme for me
Festive - an intersting take on theme and bang on theme as well
Weather - lovely fun shot to end the 52 with, well done,

A couple of nice shots to finish off David, super capture of concentration for festive and a yummy looking subject too... And the snow globe to finish off this year is a nice twist on the theme, the base is nicely out of focus and I really like they complimentary background :)

Well done in finishing your 2017 challenge, I have really enjoyed your images this year and look forward to 2018's takes on the themes :clap:

Back