weekly dmb's 52 of 2017 ( Wk 52 - Weather) - Made it to end :-)

very neglected but interesting structure, I assume its up for demolition

Faded colours, graffiti and litter all tell the story - a good find. Is this Hanley as in Stoke?
There is another? Site is slated for demolition and a big new M&S. This area is on first floor walkway at rear, stout shoes advised as used syringes abound!

There is another? Site is slated for demolition and a big new M&S. This area is on first floor walkway at rear, stout shoes advised as used syringes abound!
Well I thought not. I was just surprised I didn't recognise it - spent most of my teenage years hanging around Hanley! I still visit Stoke a lot, but my parents are at Alsagers Bank now so haven't been to Hanley for years. Where's the new bus station?

Emja - Where's the new bus station?

It is next to the old one. Between Lichfield St. and Charles St. Opposite what was Webberly's. I went to Junior School in Alsager's Bank. [emoji3]

Last edited:
I suspect a nice symmetrical composition would also work.

Cheers.

Sadly for that I'd need to be 'flying high' as this is on a first floor parapet and there is no building to stand on opposite ;)

Hope you managed to de-bug ok David. Nice detail and colour and I like the mid-action take for the theme.

Is this taken with a self timer?

My eye is drawn to the green light, but there's lots of detail around to see. Lighting must have been tricky, not to mention getting the camera in the right place! Good work! (y)

Is this taken with a self timer?

My eye is drawn to the green light, but there's lots of detail around to see. Lighting must have been tricky, not to mention getting the camera in the right place! Good work! (y)

Yes, a 10s self timer, though a 3rd hand would have been useful. Lit with my venerable (40+ year old) Vivitar 2500 flash on a wireless trigger through a foot square diffuser to left and below the camera. The green light is actually a plastic sticky backed gem illuminated by the green laser pen I have in right hand.

Hi David,

Whole - The adjustable wrench puzzles me in this shot, but I absolutely love the background, it looks like molten, boiling chocolate itself.

Structure - It certainly looks like it could do with re-development, even the 'urban art' it naff.
it is an interesting structure though.

Routine - Oh, that's clever, using a laser and sparkly to look like a lit led.
Plenty of detail in that tech shot. :)

Hi David,

Whole - The adjustable wrench puzzles me in this shot, but I absolutely love the background, it looks like molten, boiling chocolate itself.

Look at the wrapper ;) Chocolate nut around hazel nut - wrench and nut .....

Routine, David.....looks tedious to say the least! Really well shot though, nice idea with plenty of detail.

Cheers

Ian

What a clever shot for Routine. We certainly get up to some weird stuff for this challenge :p

Numbers certainly fits the bill. It's either a house with multiple personalities or a show board. Well spotted (y)

Well you definitely got your numbers in that shot. Shame he didn't go to the trouble of using some screws with caps.

Back