Beginner DNG Elements 7

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, my daughter has just bought a Lumix FZ330 which she edits in Elements 7 (ok for her needs) I have been trying to get her to shoot RAW files but obviously these are not supported in Elements 7. I downloaded DNG converter for her, which I assumed could be used in all Adobe products, but the DNG files won't open in the editor, any ideas folks?

RawTherapee?
Looks like I was mistaken when I thought DNG files were supported in Elements, it only refers to Photoshop and Lightroom in the site info, ah well JPEG's it is as she prefers as simple a workflow as possible.. Thanks.

Looks like I was mistaken when I thought DNG files were supported in Elements, it only refers to Photoshop and Lightroom in the site info, ah well JPEG's it is as she prefers as simple a workflow as possible.. Thanks.
According to the Adobe Web site "In addition to the Digital Negative Specification, Adobe provides the free Adobe DNG Converter (Windows | Mac OS), which easily translates raw files from many of today's popular cameras. Software developers and manufacturers can download the complete DNG Specification (PDF, 486k). DNG is supported by the following software versions: Photoshop CS to Photoshop CC, Photoshop Elements 3 to Photoshop Elements 12, and all versions of Lightroom."

So Elements 7 should be able to read DNG files.

According to the Adobe Web site "In addition to the Digital Negative Specification, Adobe provides the free Adobe DNG Converter (Windows | Mac OS), which easily translates raw files from many of today's popular cameras. Software developers and manufacturers can download the complete DNG Specification (PDF, 486k). DNG is supported by the following software versions: Photoshop CS to Photoshop CC, Photoshop Elements 3 to Photoshop Elements 12, and all versions of Lightroom."

So Elements 7 should be able to read DNG files.
Hi John,thanks for your input but I have resolved the issue, I had not realised you must go to ACR 2.4 in the input window for Elements 7 to recognise the DNG files.Silly me:):oops: :$

Back