Do NLP take photos from anyone other than who they send?

Edit My Images
No
Do the Non League Paper only use photos from those photographers they send to matches from their list? Or is it worth emailing a select few on the off chance they will use them (pay to use)?

If i do send some, the only emails i can find are the editors on their website, i take it thats the best people to send them too?

Cheers

Do the Non League Paper only use photos from those photographers they send to matches from their list? Or is it worth emailing a select few on the off chance they will use them (pay to use)?

If i do send some, the only emails i can find are the editors on their website, i take it thats the best people to send them too?

Cheers
I used to cover games for NLP and my experience is that they won't use pics submitted on spec. The reason for this, I think, is basically about their timescales and their laying out page designs before a ball is kicked. Contact them early in the week and offer to cover a specific game or tell them the area you can cover.

I used to cover games for NLP and my experience is that they won't use pics submitted on spec. The reason for this, I think, is basically about their timescales and their laying out page designs before a ball is kicked. Contact them early in the week and offer to cover a specific game or tell them the area you can cover.

Thank for the reply... I sent 3 photos to the emails on their website by about 5:15pm (i think they have a deadline of 6pm) but no use or reply ... to be fair they had sent someone themselves, whose photos were used, but interesting to know for future games.

Thank for the reply... I sent 3 photos to the emails on their website by about 5:15pm (i think they have a deadline of 6pm) but no use or reply ... to be fair they had sent someone themselves, whose photos were used, but interesting to know for future games.
No chance of them using your pics if they've paid someone else to cover it. In my experience you'll never get a response from them when they're up against their desdline. Email them first thing on Tuesdays. Good luck!

No chance of them using your pics if they've paid someone else to cover it. In my experience you'll never get a response from them when they're up against their desdline. Email them first thing on Tuesdays. Good luck!

Cheers, will try a quieter time of the week and plan it a bit better

My aim was, and still is, to contact them this week about lower league game i cover... but i still sent some pics in from the National League game i went to, on the off chance, as there were only photogs from the clubs and one other.... no contact but got used on the front page!!! (yes i have put my bank details and 'No unpaid use' as Kipax said in another post, so will await contact/payment)

My aim was, and still is, to contact them this week about lower league game i cover... but i still sent some pics in from the National League game i went to, on the off chance, as there were only photogs from the clubs and one other.... no contact but got used on the front page!!! (yes i have put my bank details and 'No unpaid use' as Kipax said in another post, so will await contact/payment)

WELL DONE!! :)

Been messaging the paper for a while and only had one reply asking where I cover. Have messaged to ask if there are any games available and not had a reply. Feel like just giving up on them and try to cover game for someone else. Was thinking about messaging some agencies, anyone got any advice I what I could do next?

Currently club photographer at Portsmouth Women and looking at doing more mens games on Saturday's.

Been messaging the paper for a while and only had one reply asking where I cover. Have messaged to ask if there are any games available and not had a reply. Feel like just giving up on them and try to cover game for someone else. Was thinking about messaging some agencies, anyone got any advice I what I could do next?

Currently club photographer at Portsmouth Women and looking at doing more mens games on Saturday's.

I struggled to get any reply from them for payment for the above... when i did i got a rude reply. but i did get paid.

Have sent a few emails offering services but they don't reply. looking at this forum and others ... it seems that they dont reply unless they want you!

good luck

Contacted a few agencies and got a good few replies. Going to see how it goes but then I get a email from the NLP, so hoping I'll be able to cover games with them now.

I struggled to get any reply from them for payment for the above... when i did i got a rude reply. but i did get paid.

Have sent a few emails offering services but they don't reply. looking at this forum and others ... it seems that they dont reply unless they want you!

good luck
I wouldn't worry. I have been the Club photographer at Dorchester Town for the past 5 seasons and at the start of the past 4 i had emailed them to introduce myself and what would be needed to get on their books. I had never had a reply from them so didn't bother at the start of this season just seemed pointless, also over the years on a couple of occasions several of the away club photographers have said to me that they are also doing pictures for the NLP and just to make sure i did not supply them as they didnt want to take work away.

Back