Do these work?

Good effort and yes they work, well worth developing as an idea. For me the cyclists in the second are better because they are sharper but I prefer the background from the first, I think the big grey pillar in the second kind of breaks up the sense of motion

Good effort and yes they work, well worth developing as an idea. For me the cyclists in the second are better because they are sharper but I prefer the background from the first, I think the big grey pillar in the second kind of breaks up the sense of motion

Thanks for commenting, I guess it needs a bit of practice to get it right ... good point about the pillar.

Completely agree. There is also an orange outline on the back of a cyclist in the second photo. I would remove that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments ... got me thinking about the orange outline in the 2nd cyclist on no. 2, is it a part of his jacket or part of the capture? :thinking:

Thanks for the comments ... got me thinking about the orange outline in the 2nd cyclist on no. 2, is it a part of his jacket or part of the capture? :thinking:
I think it is chromatic aberration, but I am not sure. It appears most prominently where the jacket is the brightest and the background is the darkest. The colour seems wrong, but that could be caused by processing or just appear that way on the jpg. I do not think it is a part of the jacket, because it is faintly visible on sleaves as well.

I think it is chromatic aberration, but I am not sure. It appears most prominently where the jacket is the brightest and the background is the darkest. The colour seems wrong, but that could be caused by processing or just appear that way on the jpg. I do not think it is a part of the jacket, because it is faintly visible on sleaves as well.

You could be right ... at first I thought it was part of the jacket, like piping at the edge but the more I look I think it is a repeated 'blurring' which gives the appearance of an edging.

Back